iPhone All Songs Removed Overnight?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by CLASSIC MUSCLE, Jun 19, 2015.

1. CLASSIC MUSCLE macrumors member

Running iOS 8.3 and have about 1,300+ songs that were all downloaded to my iPhone 6. Literally overnight ALL songs on my iPhone were ripped out of the device and now all songs show the cloud download symbol? Why did this happen without me doing anything whatsoever? Very annoying that I now have to go and re-download all 1,300+ songs back to the device. I checked under "Usage" and indeed no Music is taking up any space on the phone any longer. What gives? Forgot to mention I have the highest GB iPhone6, whatever size that is, so I should have plenty of space.

2. DeathBecomesMe macrumors member

DeathBecomesMe

The same thing happened to my daughter's 5c, I couldn't figure out what happened to it. We reset and erased and restored from backup. Very weird.

3. CLASSIC MUSCLE thread starter macrumors member

Did I post this in the wrong section? Surprised nobody has had this happen to them and I'm not getting any responses to this.

4. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

5. shandyman Suspended

I had this happen last Tuesday, overnight. I have iTunes Match on, but I hadn't touched anything to cause this to happen.

6. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

if you had iTunes match on your phone and you synced with iTunes then that could explain why your songs were removed

7. shandyman Suspended

Nope. There was no plugging into my Mac, I very rarely plug my iPhone into my Mac.

They were there at 8pm, put my phone on charge (wall charger), unplugged in the morning, checked my train app, left house, went to play music, gone. Said there was no content. Wouldn't even show my iTunes library that was in the cloud. After re downloading a song from my iTunes Store app purchased section, (which downloaded instantly, as if it was already there), then sign iTunes Match out then in again for the iTunes library to appear.

8. npmacuser5 macrumors 6502a

npmacuser5

iTunes restore of my iPhone 5 for unlocking. Did a restore iPhone and then a restore from back-up, all songs now in cloud, none on iPhone. iTunes Match is on. Before doing the restores a nice mix of my songs on iPhone for listening offline. Bummer!

9. CLASSIC MUSCLE thread starter macrumors member

Hmmmm, last Tuesday sounds like roughly when this happened to me as well. All software was up to date, I never synced it with iTunes manually, and iTunes match was On and functioning great. Overnight, literally 1,300+ songs went from being on the iPhone 6 to all displaying the little cloud download symbol. I've since downloaded all 1,300 songs back to the iPhone 6 but it took some time and was quite annoying. Hopefully it doesn't happen to me again!

10. shandyman Suspended

My only thought is that iTunes Match decided to disable itself, there by removing all songs from the device. It would be nice to know why this happened, so we can make sure it does not happen again.

11. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yep same here. Last week iTunes Match turned off during my shift. Rebooted phone and turned it back on. No issue since except two recent purchase albums have split to singles. Waiting to see if it's a server side issue