"All Sources"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlexAndBandit, Apr 17, 2009.

1. AlexAndBandit macrumors newbie

I recently jailbroke my 2.2.1 iPhone 3G, and Installed SteffWiz, as I usually do when jailbreaking; but I did not recieve the "All Sources" package or any other things from the SteffWiz source. Anyone know how to get all of the possible cydia sources on 2.2.1? with an iphone 3G?

2. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

After you install Steffwiz, you can search in cydia for Allsources and install.

3. AlexAndBandit thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm aware of how to search for it, but it is not there.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

installing all of the cydia sources is a waste of time IMO. the only app you really need is installous.

you can SSH into your iPhone - drag and drop an .ipa and install from installous - no need to change permissions and do a bunch of scary stuff manually.

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

But you did install SteffWiz correctly, did it show up under cydia>manage>packages?
    I just did a search on steffwiz or all sources and it is listed.

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

But where can you find those ipa files like 5 icon dock, cycorder, custom loga, custom wifi etc....just wondering. I hate all sources just like everybody, it takes forever for cydia to load.

7. AlexAndBandit thread starter macrumors newbie

I am currently searching "all sources" and "steffwiz" and nothing is showing up

EDIT: Besides the normal SteffWiz package

8. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

yeah my cydia takes forever... i just do the popular sources. big boss, ripdev, etc.

if i want something i have heard about either on the web or MR - i just google for where the source is, install that SINGLE source and then install the app i want.

it makes sense too because there is about 30000000 theming packages if you install all of the sources.

'reloading' is very annoying

9. AlexAndBandit thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I will just do the one-by-one as I need them.. Thanks anyway guys.