All Text is Altered!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blueotter, Jul 14, 2012.

1. blueotter macrumors newbie

I'm posting anywhere I can find to post—after downloading several new fonts from MyFont.com, as well as cleaning out some old fonts from my external hard drive, all the text on my Mac Pro (OS X Snow Leopard) suddenly turned to the symbol for the "A" key. See attached screen shot. I suppose I got hold of one that was corrupted. I can't get into any folders on my Mac because all that appears is a blank window that does nothing. I'm thinking I'll have to take this to the nearest Apple Store and pay some bucks to get things rolling again, no?

Attached Files:

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

3. blueotter thread starter macrumors newbie

Somehow it worked!

Your link was the answer to my problem!

I took the advice that was offered on that forum, though simply typing in what was suggested if running Snow Leopard didn't do anything at all. Thing is, I'm not even sure I was in the right file because EVERY piece of text was turned to the A-key symbol.

I went to the Titanium's Software website to download the Maintenance utility. Once it was installed, I had to navigate by guesswork and familiarity with the system, but I clicked one of the selections within the program, and it automatically restarted my Mac.

When it started up again, all my fonts looked normal again. You can't know how happy this makes me, because I don't have to pay to have it fixed.

Thank you, thank you!

4. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p