All the 0.55% please post here...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xraytech, Jul 17, 2010.

1. xraytech macrumors 68020

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I drank the juice and I'm proud of it. :p

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

.55% of 3 million is 16,500 people affected, and they all had to be bloggers.

3. agoat macrumors regular

so only .55% have reception issue? and everyone got a great phone with no bar drops?

4. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Im not part of the .55% that called Apple care, but I am part of the nearly 100% with a signal drop issue.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Clearly you didn't do any reading...

0.55% called in about antenna issues... There could be more that had reception issues that didn't call in

6. Phokus macrumors regular

The overwhelming majority of people who have problems aren't going to call applecare because everyone knows about the problem. There's this thing called 'word of mouth' and 'the internet'. Even David Letterman was cracking jokes about it on his show. Everyone knwos about it. Steve is just using B.S. statistics to spin. :rolleyes:

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No .55% called applecare to complain.

8. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Any who lives in or travels through an area of poor signal will have antenna issues. It would appear that some people genuinely think that shouldn't be the case. "I paid X amount of moneys, it should be perfect etc.."

This isn't to say that no one is having issues with their iPhone that shouldn't be taken care of by Apple, many people obviously are. It's just that the antenna issue itself isn't really one of them.

9. agoat macrumors regular

So this issue happen to all iphone 4? but only notice by people in bad coverage? or is this where people never experience drop bars? I have an appointment for first time exchange and wondering if this happen to all iphone 4, then there no point for the exchange if all iphone 4 have this.

10. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

It depends on what issues are affecting your iPhone 4. In general, I've observed that what Apple says is mostly true. That this sort of problem exists with virtually all smart phones, to a certain degree. And it's because the antenna must be placed at the bottom of the phone.

It just happens that because of the design of the antenna in the iPhone 4, it is a little more susceptible than most of them.

11. feddy84 macrumors member

well look at it this way. from 1 hour after release you must be deaf, blind, stupid and better yet DEAD. not to know the problem without calling apple and know that if you call apple you would get a reply that you already read 500x on bloggs or news or whatever. STEVES NUMBERS ARE FLAWED AND DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ***** US... sorry apple your credibility is out the window and out of this world.

said that. i will still buy it. untill android or wp7 gets some nice apps. DEVELOPERS ARE SAVING URE ASS APPLE

12. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If not for reading posts here and elsewhere, I probably wouldn't have known there was a problem with the antenna for a long time. And I've been using mine since it was delivered on the 23rd of last month.

I use it with the Bumper I bought on the 24th about half the time. My only complaint is that the Bumper is cut specifically for the USB cable that comes with the iPhone 4 and most 3rd party accessories I have for it (car adapters), won't fit.

13. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Don't say 100% when 100% is absolute ******** when it comes to this issue.

14. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I would guess that the overwhelming majority of dropped calls that AT&T registered were people messing around trying to duplicate the issue. So the data is probably all skewed but probably all balances out in the end.

15. BrewsterMccloud macrumors member

My experience

Weds 14 July I proudly picked up my iPhone 4 at ATT store, they transferred service from my 3-year-old original iPhone. Got to my office. New phone rang, I picked it up, signal went away, "beep beep beep" call ended. Put phone down, signal came back. Picked phone up, no signal, could not make call. Original iPhone always worked fine at my office. That night at home, same thing. Called Apple (via my iPad which works fine as a phone at home) mostly to ask if I could remotely transfer service back to original iPhone. They said no, the SIM is deactivated when you switch service. You need to go back to ATT store. They were not interested in hearing why I wanted to give up my new iPhone 4. Returned to ATT store next day to return new phone, had to get the manager in order to waive restock fee, now back using original iPhone. I want the iPhone 4 but I need a device that actually makes calls - besides my iPad which doesn't fit in my pocket. I doubt I was counted among the 0.55%, no one seemed interested in why I was unhappy with the new phone. No I don't want a bumper or case, my original iPhone works fine naked and I like it that way.

16. zerocustom1989 macrumors regular

I noticed my internet pages stopped loading when I touched the x-spot. I never called in. Guess im not part of the .55

17. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

...and you don't know that it's not 100%. Simply saying that there are many reports of those who haven't experienced it doesn't mean that their phone doesn't have the design flaw.

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not no bar drops, but complete signal drops that result in dropped calls. Bar dropping is irrelevant if you stay connected the whole time.

19. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I guess you didn't read my post. I said NEARLY 100%. Nearly 100% isn't 100%.

20. bri1212 macrumors 6502

100% do not have signal drop

OK people listen up. I can not replicate the problem with my iphone 4.
    I have tried it in many different places, some with full bars, some with almost no bars. So you can say what you want, but this problem is not on all Iphone 4's.

When you go to the doctor and say "it hurts when I do this"
    The doctor's general response will be "don't do this"

And I have this question, what idiot buys a 600.00 phone and does not buy a case for it?

21. BrewsterMccloud macrumors member

I don't feel like an idiot, but I tried cases for my original iphone and didn't like them. They make it bulkier and harder to get out of my pocket. Besides, my ATT store does not have ANY cases for iPhone 4 and they did not suggest to me that I order a case to take care of the problem. None of my other Apple equipment (iPad, 13"MPB, 15" MBP, 12"PBG4) lives in a case and yet I paid more than $600 for each. Apple's website does not depict their new iPhone 4 in a case. Why is a case a requirement for a phone and if it is, why doesn't it come with one?

22. bluesteel macrumors 6502

not me, i use a bumper. but everyone else i know that has an iphone, about 25 people, do not use a case. most of them say they don't like any extra bulk on the phone so they can easily put in a pants or shirt pocket and get it out easily. plus, i think they like the way it looks without a case. several have got the iphone paid for by their current jobs. several of them bought from best buy where they got a warranty that covers accidental damage. some have other forms of insurance that cover damage. some don't care. in addition, all of these people can afford to replace there iphone if it breaks. in essence, none of these people that i know that do not use a case cares if they accidentally damage their iphone. they'll just go and buy another one, as would i if i broke mine.

i think a phone should work with no problems without a case, hands down. and holding the iphone in the way that generates the anomaly we are discussing IS THE NORMAL WAY TO HOLD A MOBILE PHONE when you are talking on it.

i'm also having a hard time understanding how .55% of iPhones have this issue, and other phones do not. how does that work??

i lost most of my trust in apple. i don't think i'm ever going to buy a new-release apple product until at least 6 months down the line where most major technical issues will come out.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So using your logic, anyone who owns a Ferrari and does not put a bra on it is an idiot?

24. weespeed macrumors 6502

Or is Apple and Steve Jobs idiots because they didn't provide a case for a 600.00 device??