All the "benefits" I've experienced as an iPhone 7 owner.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BruiserBear, Nov 3, 2016.

1. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7 on launch day. So far I've experienced the following as an iPhone 7 owner.

-battery life that feels nearly identical to my 2 year old iPhone 6.

-random headphone disconnections while listening to audio. Particularly common with the adapter, but it also happened with the included headphones. Listening to audio and it suddenly stops. Hit the play button again and the audio begins playing through the phone speakers. Unplugging the headphones and replugging them fixes it.

-battery charges up to 95-98% while being charged for hours, instead of 100.

-odd jutters in home screen and multitasking animations, that are not present on older iPhones.

-after 10.1 install the Music widget bugs out and stops working entirely. Fixed with a reboot of the phone for only a few hours.

I'm not pleased with this experience at all. Get your **** together Apple.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Have 5 (2 7 / 3 plus) and love them so far. No audio issues, batteries last much longer than 6s we had, getting 2 days out of my 7 for example. Zero iOS issues you are describing, although we have the iOS that came on them .1 or .3. I always wait to upgrade to the newest iOS. My battery has no charging issues.

Have Apple check your phone and if they find it defective they will replace it.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

I have none of the same issues. My 6 Plus was plagued with issues though.

4. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

Ditto

I don't have the same issues *knockonwood*

And I got mine the weekend launch (not one to stay up or line up) via IUP reserve.

5. HEK Suspended

HEK

Have none of those issues. Battery lasts longer than my 6s Plus. Every function seems faster. Screen is great. Only thing I have noticed is the Bluetooth connection to car occasionally will stutter at beginning of song. Never same song and only on occasion, not consistently. Don't recall having that on my 6s Plus.

6. paulryp macrumors regular

Yep...i went for a Samsung S7 Edge and I'm never looking back. Laters Apple.

7. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

Bye :p:)

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Have a 7 plus and while I do have Bluetooth issues, it's not new to this phone. Bluetooth has always been janky on my iPhones. Hope Apple figures it out eventually.

That aside, this phone is flawless. Nice upgrade from my 6s.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Apple doesn't read this. Your post is accomplishing nothing.

You want Apple to listen? Email Tim Cook and return your phone. Buy an Android. Your money is the only vote you have.

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Sadly this doesn't have the same effect as it would on, say, a neighborhood diner. Apple wouldn't notice a difference even if every member here were to return their phones and switch to Android. The only one suffering in that scenario is the user.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You realist defeatist! ;)

12. macTW Suspended

I don't use Apple Music, so I can't speak to that, but everything you just said I've experienced... on my 6. My 7 has fixed every issue you mentioned and then some.

13. hammy434 macrumors member

hammy434

Yep because people just buy iPhones regardless of whether they're actually good phones or not.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Just looked at your posting history. No agenda here, no sir. ;)

15. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

Never had any of the mentioned issues, or even heard of anyone else having those issues.
    My advice: get YOUR **** together & do a restore, or swap out your phone if it is faulty.

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Maybe. I continue to buy them because they continue to offer the best experience on the market, from security and feature updates to available apps to technical support.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Weirdo/iSheep! ;):p:D

18. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I don't deny that. I'm proud of how many people I've shown the light. People at work know I'm the one to go to for iPhones or related questions.

19. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I encounter the same "issue" with my 7 battery. It doesn't seem any better than my 6s battery was. Heck, I get more usage out of one charge with my SE than I do with my 7.

The other issues I have not experience, minus an animation glitch here or there.

20. eyoungren, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL at this!

Your implication being that features or cutting edge technology make a phone better?

If that's the case, count me out of your assumption. I buy phones based on aesthetics. As long as my phone can make phone calls, email, text message, and do light browsing of the internet then I'm good. I don't need a bazillion pixel camera or an A100000000 processor or LTE that loads the entire internet in two seconds.

So a flip phone would meet my needs. The fact that I like how the iPhone looks (generally, not too crazy about the fugly 6s+ I have right now) is what motivates me. iOS is more polished and complete looking than Android will ever be and I can customize my phone with jailbreaking.

So…"good" or not is only relevant to me if the phone looks good - or not.

21. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I buy iPhones because I like the peace of mind that if I have an issue with my iPhone I can walk into an Apple Store and have a working device same day. With other phones, I would have to ship them to the company, possibly get a hold on my credit card and wait for a fix/replacement. Plus I don't get to see the replacement so they could give me an unacceptable replacement that has more issues and I have to repeat this process which could leave me without a phone for weeks.

Right now, I think all phones are pretty much the same. They are just a touchscreen with icons that I tap on to launch an app that looks similar on all platforms.

22. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Funny, I came from an S7 Edge to a 7+ lol

23. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

I did the same. S7 hardware is close to perfect. The software and fluctuating battery life are not.

24. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

No problems for me. upgraded from 6s plus to 7 plus JB. HATED the home button since 09. always used a JB tweak but now with the force touch HB I'm loving it. Camera is ace. JB finish is ace. Tho its a sloppy upgrade I'm aware its a stop gap till the iPhone 8. I pay very little for upgrades so I'm not fussed.

25. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

only thing i noticed with my 7 over 6S is my 7 bluetooth. It uses so much battery with my AW. If I turn BT off, I get even better battery. So it sucks in a way.