All the buggy / annoying things

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Steviejobz, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

1) meeting reminders float and are jumpy (not paralax effect)

2) no ability to clear updated apps

3) folders only have 9-app view

4) if you delete an app in page 1 of folder, something from page 2 wont occupy the vacant spot

what else you guys notice right off the bat?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are unfortunately too many things in various threads.

3. johnc22 macrumors 6502

Safari on iPad wastes a ton of real estate at the top of the screen.

4. fisha macrumors regular

Monthly view in calendar does not show at the bottom of the page what is on that day. the old one would show upto 3 items when you tapped on a date this was extremely useful and quick to scan through days and was a deal breaker for going back to iphone this time round.

5. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

My friend updated to iOS 7 and now she tries to connect to her home wifi but it keeps telling her her password is incorrect, which is not...does anyone know what to do there?

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Don't thread jack.

7. Todd B. macrumors 6502

Did she try to select 'forget this network'?

8. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

Yeah, hate for this precious thread to go pear-shapped to soon! :rolleyes:

9. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

I had wifi and cell data problems until I did a Reset Network Settings.

>

10. Grohowiak macrumors member

Grohowiak

That 9 icon folder thing is pointless and totally crap.

Lag. Keyboard lags when switching from letters to numerical and so on.
    Swiping up to reveal all apps crawls my ipad 4 to 10 second freezes.

Transparent stuff is so counter productive as it all blends to much. I don't like the whole thing. Why did I upgrade :(:(:(

11. SouthsideJohnny macrumors regular

After upgrading, I now had FIVE pages of apps. However Page 2 only had one and Page1 and Page 3 were filled. I attribute that to having FaceTime inserted at the bottom right position by the upgrade. I just moved FaceTime to the last page, the page count went back to 4, and the correct 'fill' was applied to the first 3 pages.

12. age234 macrumors 6502

age234

That's the same behavior as the pages of the home screen. I don't see that as a bug.

----------

Isn't the layout exactly as in iOS 6?

13. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

She did a network reset and it worked

this worked! Thanks!

14. jwc6160 macrumors member

15. brian017 macrumors regular

I can't get the Apple remote app to orientate. Its stuck and opens in potrait mode. Anybody else experiencing this?

16. age234 macrumors 6502

age234

For the first few hours the weather section wasn't in Notification Center, but I just checked again and there it was. Maybe an issue with location services.

I'm honestly not experiencing the slow animation issue. I was expecting agony after the horror stories I've read, but to me it generally feels as snappy as iOS 6.

----------

I didn't know it could switch orientation. I've only ever used it in portrait mode. I can confirm it doesn't have landscape mode in iOS 7 though.

17. brian017 macrumors regular

I should have been more clear, this is on an iPad. I know it could never change orientation on a iPhone. It's a shame if you can't use it in landscape on an IPAs too with iOS 7

18. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

Also adding that orientation for watching video in the Photos app is fixed in Landscape mode.

19. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I turned off documents and data in iCloud and my keyboard is dramatically improved. Keys are far more responsive and there is no delay when switching to capitals or numbers now.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I like that because it means I can hide apps on a second folder page without having to have 9 apps on the first page.

21. mel823, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

mel823 macrumors 6502

mel823

I was using Accuweather so I turned off the weather app in the Notification center. Now I actually want to use the weather app, and I don't see it listed in notifications anymore. Anybody know how to turn it back on?

Edit: Nevermind I read the Tidbits section and figured it out.

22. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Sometimes when swiping apps in multi tasking the icon remains but the app closed.

23. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

Getting "trust this computer" message everytime I plug the iphone to my PC.

Any way to disable this?

24. ru4real macrumors member

I tried moving an app from page 2 into a folder that was occupying the bottom right position on page 1. Yeah... you can't do that because as soon as you drag something from page 2 onto page 1 (assuming page 1 is filled) the item in the bottom right will move to page 2 to "free up" a space. But, if you continue to hold that item and move back to page 2, then the folder moves back to page 1.

I hope you managed to follow that explanation! What I ended up having to do was move the folder to page 2, drop the app into it, then move the folder back to page 1. Dumb.

25. Piplodocus, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

Piplodocus macrumors regular

When I turn it sideways in iTunes looking by "artists" it shows the new tiles view by album?!? (I also preferred the old coverflow view, especially while driving). When I used to choose e.g. Artists: Alice In Chains, then Dirt album, then the song, I now have to choose Alice in Chains, then scroll down through all the Facelift songs, til I get to the Dirt songs. Obviously in the case of someone like Metallica (who I have more albums by), if I want one of the songs on the newer albums I can't remember the name of I have to scroll through all 7 or 8 earlier albums. Sure I could browse by Album, but often I want Artist, then Album, that's the way I roll. Maybe I should just flick a little harder, at least it has album headers for each. Still annoying though. My David Bowie entire back catalogue would be a right PITA.

Still no lyrics synced via iTunes Match either. If you want the words you have to turn it off, manually copy the songs you want lyrics to to the phone, then turn iTunes match back on. :/

When in Calendar I liked month view: can tap any quick succession of days and see events listed at the bottom for each. Now I have to go in and out of days, else turn it sideways and do lots of scrolling up/down/left/right.

And there's no all day calendar events shown in the notification area. I have 3 general things in my calendar today, none time specific though, and it doesn't show them.

It also looks a bit Fisher Price and garish. I want a look of simple sophistication, not simple child. It's gone a bit 1986 CGA graphics!

Only 9 icons per folder without scrolling sideways? Silly waste of space!

I guess I'll get more used to it, and get used to the new ways of tapping dates along the top of calendar, and inertial scrolling harder in iTunes music, but the sideways view of 'by Artist' showing 'by Album' is surely a bug?