All the iPhone Camera needs is this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Moi un Mouton, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

If they made the "volume up" button the "shoot" button during camera operations, it would improve its usability 1000%. It would be so much more stable and easy to use.

That's how we're used to using cameras for goodness sake!

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Except then you would get your finger over the lens trying to hold the phone. You should be able to tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture.

TEG

4. TonyMil macrumors member

I saw in a different thread that the photo isn't taken until you lift your finger from the on screen camera button. Realizing that it has become easier for me to take photos with the iPhone. I simply keep my finger on the button until I have the shot framed how I want it and then gently lift the finger so as to avoid camera shake.

5. Amorpheus macrumors member

The camera will shake much more if there's a physical button to press. I like the touch button... almost no movement from that.

6. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

All the iPhone camera needs is a NEW CAMERA! Yay!

7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

The option of this would be nice. Similar to a BB devise you can assign certain buttons additional functions. This would be nice for camera and work similarly to double clicking the Home button.

What the camera REALLY needs is video camera functions! Simple, easy and great. I would have tons of use for this.

8. Spongey817 macrumors regular

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For this particular one, I think a physical button would be better, personally. I know it's totally MySpace scene, but many of the camera phone pics I take involve me holding the camera out in front of me and taking a picture of me/us at arms length. Granted not everyone uses camera phones that way, but it is one of the more common ways they get used. And wrapping your fingers around to be able to touch the far side of the phone is inconvenient for that. I think the volume button would be a lot better, also.

EDIT: It'd be natural if they zoomed, yes, but it seems a little senseless in the absence of a zoom lens, which probably isn't coming soon.

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

What about a a quick countdown timer then? Touch screen, set up, picture taken

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's good too. I think for a while I had a camera app installed that did that.

12. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I like that idea, that would be a nice addition to the camera app.

The camera hasn't been to bad for me once I picked up that the the shutter release when you let go of the button. Before that I was tapping it and getting blurry pictures, now I just hold the button until I am ready and them release it, much more stable pictures.

13. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

or at least a flash....

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i originally was very upset that there was no zoom function
    but then i realized something
    on cell phones, the zoom is all digital zoom
    but usually, once you take the picture, thats the zoom its got

on the iphone, you cant zoom at all while taking the picture, but you have complete control over zoom both in and out after the picture has been taken and your viewing it

15. bluelondon macrumors regular

i like the idea of

1. touch anywhere on the screen to capture
    2. use 'volume up' button to capture
    3. timed capture (ie: 10,30,seconds)

these are very easy additions for apple to add to the camera app of the iphone.