All the little things... (not so obvious tips)

thomasfxlt58

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
1. You can swipe immediately when you pick up your iPhone X. You don’t have to wait for it to recognize you. When it reccognizes you, it then opens.

2. You can use Reachability to get to the control center which makes it a one hand operation.

That’s what I got.

(I am on 11.2 so fyi in case either of these is embedded in that beta)

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Even with Reachability, I could still see this being a two handed operation from some folks.

Apple really needs a "Tips" type of app where you can learn about all of the hidden gestures.

thomasfxlt58

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Even with Reachability, I could still see this being a two handed operation from some folks.

Apple really needs a "Tips" type of app where you can learn about all of the hidden gestures.
I think this implementation of Reachability needs some rethinking but I’m glad it’s there nonetheless. I find it quirky and hit or miss.

bremmma

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
I think this implementation of Reachability needs some rethinking but I’m glad it’s there nonetheless. I find it quirky and hit or miss.
It would be nice if “delete” wasn’t right in the middle of the Mail app. I can see deleting mail by accident when trying to use reachability.

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
I have small hands so I use the accessibility button to one tap for control center and two taps for notifications. Reachability still makes it harder for me so this is perfect.

Reactions: thomasfxlt58

thomasfxlt58

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Wanna see how good this OLED display is? Check out Cosmo’s Laundromat on Netflix. Double tap on the display in Netflix to fill the screen.