(All the sudden), greyed out songs in Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ra4oasis, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Okay, so I've seen a few greyed out songs in Apple Music before, but not this before. Pete Yorn's new album came out recently, and I've been listening on Apple Music. But a week or so after it came out, two of the songs (Summer Was a Day and Shopping Mall) became greyed out, and I can't play them now. Today I noticed a third song (Halifax) is greyed out. I see this on both my iPhone, and my Mac. What gives?

2. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

I'm showing that all tracks for that album are available on AM in iTunes. I have noticed in the past that sometimes tracks from a new album listing that I added to my music library became unavailable, but upon searching, I find that a newer listing with the same tracks (that are not grayed out) is available. (I think the last one was Kaskade's new album.) Don't know why there would be a difference.

Search AM for the album and see if all the tracks are available. If so, remove and then re-add the album in your library.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

You could also try signing in and out of iTunes a couple times. It has solved a recent AM problem for me.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016 ---
    I don't want to date myself :)

But, I don't even know Pete Yorn

I downloaded the album and all songs were there and played.

4. ra4oasis thread starter macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Well, removing the album from my music, and re-adding it, and all the songs are there again. Weird. But thanks for the tips guys!