all these jailbreaks - do they all use cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by silroc, Oct 9, 2010.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

or do they all have their own "cydia like" core package or cydia itself?

noob here considering the 4.1 jb once it comes out (there seem to be like 3 of them?) but i would hate to leave my cydia comfort zone..

thanks

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Considering Cydia is the only jailbreak only app store still standing I think it's a safe bet you will find Cydia in current jailbreak programs.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, they all use Cydia since it is the only JB App store available (currently develop and supported)

4. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

ah ok i see

second question

are the flurry of jb's i am seeing all independent of each other? do they all write their own code and use their own discovered exploits? or do they share this info?

tx

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

they share some

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

there are several team "working" together to released Jailbreaks, mindly the iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team, now in this case, an Original Member of the iPhone Dev team Geohot (which is a little cry baby, and love attention), just released another JB stealing some code from the Chronic Dev team and messing all things up.

Many reports say that the JB works great, many reports that it's broken, specially 3GS new bootrom users, other have report WIfi broken and Buetooth acting funny.

If you decided to use it, be cautions. Greenpoi0n from the Chronic Dev team property test and package will be delay and release sometime this week.

7. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

ok thanks man starting to make sense to me

i have 4.01 JB and love the setup and stability right now - no plans to upgrade to 4.1 for at least a few weeks of the dust settling...

i guess once the dust does settle, the "best/least buggy" JB will become evident- (?)