All these Mailboxes in Mail and iPhone are getting annoying...help?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iDriveX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. iDriveX macrumors member

So I'm a big fan of neatness and a lack of clutter. Therefore I unchecked "Store Messages on The Server" for all of my Mail Accounts. Synced my iPhone. Everything is working fine. All of my deleted messages either go into the "Trash" bin inside of Mail or the "Trash" bin in the iPhone.

But then 24 hours later, all of these random mailboxes start showing up. My deleted mail starts going into folders called "Deleted Messages (iPhone)" and "Deleted Messages (iDriveX)" (I have multiple eMail addresses that I use for different purposes).

Here are some pics so you can visually see what I'm talking about:

First, here is what my mail looks like:

[​IMG]

Here's what my mail preferences look like:

[​IMG]

Here's what my iPhone looks like:

[​IMG]

Here's what my iPhone's Mail prefs look like:

[​IMG]

Here's what I would like my mail to look like:

[​IMG]

I really just want every message that I delete in my Mail program/iPhone Mail Program to go into the "Trash", Everything I send to go into "Sent". I don't care if they don't sync between the two computers, I don't care if they're not on the server. I just want clean and simple. How do I do this?

2. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

Just a quick update. Everything is syncing and working normally, as soon as I deleted those mailboxes in mail, the deletion of the mail box must have pushed a deletion into the iPhone because it disappeared:

[​IMG]

But I know that this will start all over again in about 24 hours. How do I get it to stay like this permanently?!?