All iPads All These Returns...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JulesNYC, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JulesNYC macrumors regular

I keep reading about people returning their Mini or regular iPad after realizing they don't like it.

What does Apple do with all these returns? They're resold as refurbished, right? Right??

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Correct, all but the ones that get sold as open box I believe.

3. JulesNYC thread starter macrumors regular

Muchas gracias.

Thanks. I was afraid I was going to pick up a used one, thinking it was new.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

You would never have to worry about that. They send it to the refurb store...i'm not even sure if they sell "open box" ipads

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Best Buy does indeed sell open box iPads at a discount. You would have to ask for an open box iPad to get one though.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I just meant apple. I don't think I have ever seen a single open box item....not even an accessory

7. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

My bet some of them wind up as display units also. I just returned my wifi only mini 64g to Best Buy and got from AT&T a 16gb LTE. The best buy one will be a open box sale. Figure the profit margin is good enough to drop the price maybe 40 dollars and still come out ahead.

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

You can even go to their website, pull up the store's webpage and look for open box items under iPads and ereaders.