All these stories about MacBooks -- What about MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Koralan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Koralan macrumors newbie

All the articles about the new notebooks Apple is expected to release mention new "MacBooks". I was wondering whether this refers to updates for both the standard 13" MacBooks and the Pros because i Haven't heard anything specific to new MacBook Pros. Can anyone shed some light on this issue

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

If you read my thread sorry for just saying macbooks

I actually intended that meaning all macbooks. I think mabie thats what most mean

The thing is, most of the rumours i have heard have been on the Macbook as-well and i have been getting worried

The PRO is what im looking at currently and excited to get my hands on the new model.

If its called mbp when its out

ML

3. Koralan thread starter macrumors newbie

well yeah most stories have been about how the standard macbooks will be getting aluminum and nvidia graphics cards but does this mean that the macbook pros will be unchanged?

4. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

You actually could be right

ML

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Come on ! MBP unchanged ? no way. They might come later but there will be aslo an update for the MBPs.

6. ThunderRobot macrumors regular

ThunderRobot

There's a train of though which suggests the MacBook's and MacBook Pro's will be merged into a single line with low and high-end models.

Given current rumours suggest the MacBook will undergo a transition taking it into MacBook Pro territory, this makes sense.

Potentially the low end models will have smaller, slower harddrives, lower amounts of RAM, integrated (NVidia) graphics while the high end models will have larger, faster harddrives, more RAM and dedicated graphics along with obvious processor differences but all united under a common look.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That would make a lot more sense. I'm one of those people who really doesn't think much of MacBooks because of the MacBook Pros. The screen size, GPU, and aluminum case were more of a sell, but I never really wanted to "settle" for the lower line. But I do think there are a lot of people that would love to get the guts of a present MacBook with a 15.4" screen.

8. Yixian macrumors 65816

They'll probably unify the line, that's why all the rumors say "MacBooks". The MBP is barely more powerful than the MB as it is, there's no way they'll update the MB and leave the current MBP models on sale.

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Considering a couple stores in the area - local shops - as well as that link in the other thread are EOL'ing the MBP I have to think it's quite likely a line merge is imminent.

10. Logos327 macrumors 6502

While I haven't heard anything to really suggest this, it is something I have been thinking about.

If the rumors are true that MBs will do away with integrated graphics, I think this is very possible.

Simply, I wouldn't be surprised if the lines are merged.