All TPU clear cases?

Jessem1133

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I like the softer TPU style cases, but can't find a clear one that doesn't have the polycarbonate backing. Anyone find one?

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Insignia case is great and inexpensive. Very slim with a lip over the screen and provides excellent drop protection, I dropped my 6+ with it on (and screen protector) on the ground from pocket height and it bounced, landing face down. Not a single scratch, crack, etc.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I have a bumper case than is clear on the back, and offers a little protection on the sides. I would highly recommend it, if you are looking to keep your phone visible.

Jessem1133

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I'd definitely like something with a good lip to it. I'm not as concerned about it being super thin. I want good protection over thinness.

amtechrep

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Insignia case is great and inexpensive. Very slim with a lip over the screen and provides excellent drop protection, I dropped my 6+ with it on (and screen protector) on the ground from pocket height and it bounced, landing face down. Not a single scratch, crack, etc.
I have one too. Paid like $15. Fits great and it well built. I bought it so I can protect the phone until I receive black leather case from Apple :cool:

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I agree with the above post on the capsule. Given that I still kind of like mine although it feels like if I dropped the phone in it, it might fall out. Ironically they claim its coated against yellowing, but it already has a yellow tint.

----------

The Minisuit TPU case on Amazon is my favorite. I had it on my 5 and bought one for my 6 as soon as it was available. I chose purple, but it's available in clear.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'll also vouch for the clear Insignia case. It fits really well, has good grip, and feels solid. I really like my black Spigen Capsule case, but as someone else mentioned, it slips on and off just a little too easily. It's thinner than the Insignia, but I think the Insignia case gives better overall protection.

DotCom2

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2009
I just got mine yesterday, the case is super flexible but it seems they design it a little too big and the lip can be ply open with no force. Not a slug/tight fit though good to show off your phone but unfortunately you can see a yellowish tint in certain angle.
I found this to be true as well with mine.
Probably a rush to market thing.

Hope they come out with a *new *improved version because other than the loose fit, I like it.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
It's not all TPU, but it's clear and strudy, look into the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear, great case!

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
I just got mine yesterday, the case is super flexible but it seems they design it a little too big and the lip can be ply open with no force. Not a slug/tight fit though good to show off your phone but unfortunately you can see a yellowish tint in certain angle.
True-dat! I also got mine with yellow tint (but they claimed otherwise). I've own a generic clear case for my old iPhone 5, and it's held its own, that is I've had no problem with it. You just have to not think or try to ply it off. :) And in comparison the generic, I do like the make and clearness of this one by Spigen.

When I receive my 6+ through mail, I'll post some pix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.