All TPU clear cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jessem1133, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

I like the softer TPU style cases, but can't find a clear one that doesn't have the polycarbonate backing. Anyone find one?

2. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

3. ASakai macrumors member

4. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Insignia case is great and inexpensive. Very slim with a lip over the screen and provides excellent drop protection, I dropped my 6+ with it on (and screen protector) on the ground from pocket height and it bounced, landing face down. Not a single scratch, crack, etc.

5. Jessem1133 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I have a bumper case than is clear on the back, and offers a little protection on the sides. I would highly recommend it, if you are looking to keep your phone visible.

7. Jessem1133 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd definitely like something with a good lip to it. I'm not as concerned about it being super thin. I want good protection over thinness.

8. amtechrep macrumors newbie

I have one too. Paid like $15. Fits great and it well built. I bought it so I can protect the phone until I receive black leather case from Apple :cool:

9. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

I would check out the innerexile hydra case. Self healing. I think it goes on sale today.

10. maliu macrumors 6502a

I agree with the above post on the capsule. Given that I still kind of like mine although it feels like if I dropped the phone in it, it might fall out. Ironically they claim its coated against yellowing, but it already has a yellow tint.

----------

The Minisuit TPU case on Amazon is my favorite. I had it on my 5 and bought one for my 6 as soon as it was available. I chose purple, but it's available in clear.

11. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'll also vouch for the clear Insignia case. It fits really well, has good grip, and feels solid. I really like my black Spigen Capsule case, but as someone else mentioned, it slips on and off just a little too easily. It's thinner than the Insignia, but I think the Insignia case gives better overall protection.

12. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I found this to be true as well with mine.
    Probably a rush to market thing.

Hope they come out with a *new *improved version because other than the loose fit, I like it.

13. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

It's not all TPU, but it's clear and strudy, look into the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear, great case!

14. MICwilliams macrumors newbie

15. macrumordude macrumors member

macrumordude

True-dat! I also got mine with yellow tint (but they claimed otherwise). I've own a generic clear case for my old iPhone 5, and it's held its own, that is I've had no problem with it. You just have to not think or try to ply it off. :) And in comparison the generic, I do like the make and clearness of this one by Spigen.

When I receive my 6+ through mail, I'll post some pix.