*All UK iPad tariffs here* [INFO]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sassenach74, May 9, 2010.

1. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

O2:
    500MB per day £2.00
    1gb per month £10.00
    3gb per month £15.00

Orange:
    200MB per day £2.00
    1GB per week £7.50
    3GB per month1 £15.00
    10GB per month1 £25.00

Vodafone:
    250MB per month £10.00
    5GB per month £25.00

Thoughts?

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I'm going to make my decision on which I go for tomorrow, but none seem that appealing at the moment.

3. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I agree, none of the carriers seem that appealing to me, but I'm more than likely going with O2 as I have good coverage in my area.

4. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I'm going for o2, the £10 per month tariff is the sort of thing I was looking for. Also the o2 tariff is the only one that can be activated on the iPad itself.

5. the_fellowship macrumors regular

None look appealing so it looks like it's the 32GB WiFi only and MyWi on the iPhone 3GS lol

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

O2 is once again the best unless you need more than 3Gb.

But sadly, Vodafone has best 3G Coverage, but a mediocre set of plans.

7. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Oh....where did you read about O2 being activated on the iPad? Makes it that little bit more appealing to me.

8. Boblister macrumors 6502a

9. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

It says on Apples website something along the lines of "Some plans allow activation on the iPad" and on Orange and Vodaphones plans it says you need to ring up.

10. Tim D macrumors newbie

Thanks for starting this thread, but I think that in order to really compare, you need to see the full detail for each plan.

For example, as far as I can see, the Orange plan is essentially based upon a simple 5p/MB basis.

You can then choose to buy a daily "bundle" that gives you 200MB for £2. (1p/MB)Use more than that in the day, and excess will be at 5p/MB

Or you can then choose the same style of thing for a week, getting 1GB for £7.50 (0.75p/MB, but again, go over that 1GB, and excess will be 5p/MB

Then of course there are the monthly subscription options that get you 3GB for £15 (0.5p/MB) or 10GB for £25 (0.25p/MB) and you get 750MB of use of BT Openzones as well. Once again though, go over your 3GB or 10GB and the rate rockets back up to 5p/MB

Now, as far as I can see, o2 and Vodafone have not actually announced their plans in this level of detail, have they? The links on the ipad ordering page certainly dont work at the moment.

Has anyone else seen more detail on the other carrier's plans?

11. Streethawk macrumors 6502

All very dissapointing. I guess we wont be streaming movies over 3g.

12. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I ordered an Orange mSIM with my iPad, but I'll get an o2 one direct from them when they're available.

Not really impressed with the plans - where's the unlimited usage option? I get that these are priced in line with mobile broadband packages, but why offer unlimited on the iPhone?

13. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Or a three mifi! 1GB a month for £5! And amazing signal everywhere I've been so far!

14. page3 macrumors 6502

Cannot find this tariff - could you point me in the right direction please?

Best I can find is £7.50/month (1Gb 18 month contract - no thanks).

15. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

I still prefer my iPad with my Three MiFi - and I get the same deal with Three - £10 = 1GB allowance. The MiFi is much more convienient than having 3G built into the iPad. My partner can check email while I'm surfing rather than having to pass the device over when I'm done.

pac

16. Tim D macrumors newbie

o2 have now got a bit more detail on their page at here and in the press release at here

So, it looks as if with o2 you could not just do a basic pay and go. If you have not signed up to a monthly tarrif presumably it would prompt you to pay the £2 to get a day's access. (0.4p/MB)

The "recurring charge" tarrifs are £10 for 1GB (1p/MB) and £15 for 3GB (0.5p/MB). If you use these allowances then you can just buy more credit at the same rate, but they say that no unused data can be carried over. Presumably this just relates to the element of credit bought on the recurring basis...

With all of the o2 options you get unlimited WiFi on BT Openzone and The Cloud.

17. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The best options out there are....

Three mobiles 12gb prepay which can be picked up on eBay for a song.

O2 simplicity for iPhone tariff which is a 1 month contract for £20 a month.

I think this time around the us guys scored very lucky.

18. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

My iPad and MiFi on my desk. NO one gets 3G in our office - but it works a treat at my Gran's :D

pac

Attached Files:

19. alFR macrumors 68020

You can, sort of: just take out one of the monthly ones and cancel it before it recurs if you don't need it any more. From the fine print on the O2 site:

So basically it works exactly the same as the AT&T plans in the US.

20. Elise macrumors 6502

So if you get one of the monthly plans, and only need it for that period you better make damn sure that you remember to cancel it as O2 continue to charge the money every month. I'm sure there are going to be a few people caught out with that one...

21. VespR macrumors regular

http://bit.ly/byraiD

3 Data Plans on eBay. You would be crazy to buy the 3G iPad over a MiFi.

Eventually the iPhone will become a MiFi like device, until then MiFi looks like a great solution.

22. ACDeag macrumors regular

Vodafone look extremely poor and you have to call up each time you want to activate it, pay £10 to get a measly 250MB and as it is not integrated there will probably be excess usage charges on top if you exceed 250MB.

23. davidChief macrumors regular

davidChief

If Orange and Vodafone don't do on-device activation then I will definitely go with O2.

24. max-power macrumors member

I've been thinking of getting the 3G version, so I had a thought,

I already have a PAYG sim from O2 that gives me unlimited internet and text messaging if I top up £15 in a month, if I got another one and managed to cut it down to size, could I use that?