Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravich

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Portland, OR
I just took a long overdue OS upgrade on my laptop that I had been putting off until now because 10.6 allows me to use spaces and expose, something that mission control has always paled in comparison to. I know I'm not alone in wanting that functionality back, but at this point I've given up on Apple making it available. Luckily, total spaces works fairly well.

I upgraded to 10.9 so as not to upset my mid 2009 13'' MBP, but I'm not able to find a way to have hot corners display all windows. It will only display all windows of whichever application is currently active. I'm going to hazard a guess that this is once again just something that apple doesnt offer anymore, but I thought I'd ask if there's any chance that El Capitan allows this, even if Mavericks doesnt, as I would gladly upgrade if that were the case.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
Mission Control in El Capitan assigns Control up arrow to show all open windows. I also select to "Group windows by application".

Control down arrow is set to show all windows open in selected app.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I think Mission Control is as close as you are going to get with a newer OS. BTW, did you know you are asking about OS 10.9 in the 10.11 forum?

Ravich

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Portland, OR
I think Mission Control is as close as you are going to get with a newer OS. BTW, did you know you are asking about OS 10.9 in the 10.11 forum?
No I'm not ;)

Mission Control in El Capitan assigns Control up arrow to show all open windows. I also select to "Group windows by application".

Control down arrow is set to show all windows open in selected app.
Huh... am I correct in assuming that this wasnt available in 10.9? Is there a way to set that function to a hot corner?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.