All your Ipod Touch Problems *Post here* since V2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrmarky, Jul 14, 2008.

1. mrmarky macrumors member

Battery Life Rubbish
    Wifi Signal not as good
    Constant App Crashing
    Itunes Crashing out when trying to Sync
    Runs a Lot Slower

* we should make a list of all the problems maybe stick it ?*

2. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

I haven't experienced any of these problems after extensive use.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

EMail seems to have momentarily forgotten my work email password. Warned me that the password was wrong. One minute later it went ahead and downloaded my work email.

4. msa macrumors newbie

2.0 broke all my audiobooks (ripped and converted to mp4-format). They played in 1.1.4 but now it just clicks. I will try resync them but I don't have high hopes this will fix it....

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I had this problem all I did was delete the app off touch and resync with itunes apps and all was fine.

only other problem I had was syncing with Mobile Me which was down to mobile me being annoying

7. Biscotti macrumors regular

8. rvittori macrumors newbie

Rebooting at Random

My iPod Touch will reboot unexpectedly. Usually after I play music and a game at the same time.

9. ricartedor, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

ricartedor macrumors member

And you would suppose this is a reasonable procedure for users to endure? I don't actually own an iPod touch, nor iPhone, but on both my father's iPhone and my friend's iPod touch, i have noticed that apps crash randomly when opening, sometimes i'll touch a setting or button and it will highlight but not move on until i press it again, it sort of hangs on the press animation.
    Wi-Fi is extremely sporadic; sometimes it wont find my home network, other times it will find it but will randomly decide it is getting poor signal, then full signal and then will just lose all signal. The app store and Wi-Fi music store have been unable to open when connected via Wi-Fi (strangely this only occured in times when Wi-Fi was on and cellular coverage was absent!).

Get your act together apple, you've been sending this firmware to developers for months now, why are there still problems with it?

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it was only a suggestion :rolleyes: *note to self* don't offer help

11. 184550 Guest

I have recieved error message 6 five times in a row.

12. superman193 macrumors regular

+ 1

13. nintendude macrumors 6502

Problems
    1. Lag when opening apps (settings, iTMS, App Store, etc.)
    2. Gets hot/warm w/ wifi off
    3. A few crashes using Apps

14. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

No problems. No concerns. Except for the download fiasco of Friday - Saturday Morning all is good.

15. superman193 macrumors regular

Only thing I like about app store is that it doesnt freeze for like 20 sec when you click a category like installer did

16. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

17. shoney macrumors newbie

shoney

BBCi Player

When playing a program in BBCi Player it has bombed out a few times...anyone else had this???

Battery life seems shorter!

18. cakbar macrumors regular

Similar problems.
    1. Wifi is definitely worse. I'm having problems loading videos quickly enough for them to play without pausing. It seems as if there are sporadic lapses in wifi connection every now and again as web pages/videos stop loading.

2. My apps don't crash as much as they did on the first day of 2.0 as I'm not switching between them as quick. They do still crash every so often though.

3. I haven't synched with itunes since first loading 2.0, so can't comment on that.

4. Certain things run slower. For example, there is now a 3-4 second pause before "Settings" opens up after clicking on it.

I know there are web apps/websites that can test the Internet Speed, but does anyone know of any way to test whether Wifi is remaining in a constant connection, or if, as I suspect, there are short interruptions of the connection?

19. dark-saito macrumors regular

It's new, it's going to have problems

New things like this ALWAYS have problems like this. Otheriwse there would be no need for future versions like 2.1, 2.1.1, 2. etc etc The Software has been out for all of four days (counting Friday) so give them a break guys :\ They'll work out the kinks soon enough.

20. superman193 macrumors regular

No, apple made a mistake. They just didn't want to postpone Ipod / iPhone 2.0 like they did leopard so people wouldn't outrage + They needed 2.0 or Ifone 3g IMHO it still needs 1 or 2 more betas before they release the "Final".... This is just like iPod / iPhone 1.0 (not 1.1.1) See, there's major problems and there not even letting us revert to 1.1.4

21. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you can apparently revert to 1.1.4 if you download iTunes 7.5

22. muldul macrumors 6502

i have had:
    Restarting
    Freezing
    Refusing to sync
    and many other minor glitches. I hope they will release a software update soon

23. Necco macrumors member

It seems that ever since the update of iTunes to 7.7, it takes a good 3 or 4 minutes for it to recognize that my iPod is connected. In the mean time I can't do anything in iTunes. It's as if its frozen and then comes back when it finally realizes its an iPod thats just been connected.

Anyone having this problem, know a fix?

EDIT: And it's only with iPod touch. So yea, I kinda figured it would be something to do with the iPod's side.

24. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

At first I didn't see any difference.

Since last night, I've now noticed:

1) Switching orientation on Safari is slow and choppy on some websites. Was always smooth as butter before.

2) WiFi is worse and cuts out... which NEVER happened before to me.

I was just telling a friend the other day how impressed I was with the way the Touch WiFi always seemed to instantly grab onto my WiFi when I hit the menu button to wake it up.

Now if it's been sitting for a few hours, I can hit the menu button and apps are unable to connect. I have found that I have to go into settings and either manually select my WiFi again, or turn it off/on to get it to go.

This takes what was a perfect browsing device and dropped it a few notches.

I'm going to try a restore later today.

25. cuanurse macrumors regular

I haven't had any problems. Only difference I see is in battery that is to be expected since I am using it more with the Apps and the push is set to automatic (Which I could change to save battery life). All in all- I LOVE 2.0!