All YouTube Videos in Touch/iPhone Format Available?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Sep 18, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I remember hearing a long time ago when YouTube was 1st announced for the iPod Touch and iPhone that not ALL videos from the youtube site would be available since the videos needs to be switch into another file type...

...So as of today, with an iPod Touch can I view most videos on YouTube? Or not yet or even close?

I remember 10,000 videos Apple first announced would be available when the Touch was released, i'm kinda curious as to how much it would be now...

I think i'd be using the YouTube on the Touch more than anything.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I would say that you would not be able to see all videos on youtube.

having used iMovie on my macbook to upload some video captured off my camcorder you can have an option to upload to certain profiles and some of the profiles do not include iphone so its is possible there are videos on youtube that you wont see in the ipod or iphone

3. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

I can confirm that not all videos are in iPhone/iPod Touch format. The music video "Dreams" by the Cranberries only plays on regular YouTube although a couple concert versions of that song work.

-PN

4. itsliz89 macrumors member

I don't know about formats or anything, but I do know that youtube allows users to choose whether or not they want to allow mobile devices to be able to view each video.