All Zunes discontinued!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gan6660, Sep 1, 2009.

?

What will happen on the 9th?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2009.
  1. All non-touchscreen ipods discontinued

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. iPod Classic discontinued all others kept

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Classic kept and Nano Touch introduced

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Classic discontinued Nano Touch introduced

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

After the Zune HD release all Zunes are officially discontinued leaving only the Zune HD. I marks the death of the hard drive based zune and the nano ones. Is it possible apple will discontinue all ipods and leave only the Touch? I could see this happening, hard drive players are a dying breed and the nano is small but the touch isnt that much bigger and does so much more for little more money. So is this the end of all non touchscreen devices?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple won't as long as they continue to sell in high numbers, but then again that logic justifies the entire Zune program being scrapped.

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Maybe you could have gone with this instead:

"All Zune models not named 'Zune HD' on the outs."

Your title screams sensationalism.

EDIT: Your poll sucks.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I like your signature would you mind if I copied it?

20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 250gb HD. 13" MBP, 2.26ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb HD. iPod Touch 1G 8gb. iPod Touch 2G 16gb. iPod Nano 4G 8gb RED!

5. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yep. How about all iPods updated with new features and capacities? The classic can't be out because that would destroy large capacity players. I don't know about everybody else, but the only reason I have an 8gb touch is because a 32 wouldn't hold a significant amount of my music files either, let alone some video and apps. And I even don't have them recorded in anywhere near the bitrate I would like. Classics won't be dead until a touch holds 128gb without costing as much as a Kia. Once flash in those sizes are affordable, say peace out to the hard drive based ipods. Until then, hard drive based iPods are top of the game. No other manufacturer seriously offers them as they have not been able to compete with the classic ipod interface and status symbolism. In my opinion.

6. three macrumors 6502a

three

None of those options are good. I think that Apple will keep the nano and move the classic over to SSD. People still love the nano, why kill it when it is still doing so well?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was upset for the Zune for a moment, but then I wasn't. :p

8. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

The nano will not die. I would think that the Classic would fold first, but I don't see that either. SSD does not look like it is viable yet, unless there is a large price drop that I am unaware of. But as for nanos, they are all I see in the wild besides iPhones. And of course drug store jobs:rolleyes:

9. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Only the Zund Hd? there are going to stop making the other zunes?

10. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Not even trying to be funny or sarcastic, the only Zunes I have ever seen are the hollow non working display duds in most walmarts and other various discounts... With the exception of one live one in a target that the main control didn't work correctly. Not trying to be a fanboi, but my honest observation.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My friend had one. He got it for $10 during a Christmas discount sale. It was brown, ugly, thick, and 80GB (I think). It broke in like a week and now the Zune is considered an extremely endangered species of PMP player at our school. There are single-digit numbers of them if any at all. 90%+ have iPods, half of them iPod touches.