Alleged iPod 4th gen. eyewitness account

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dww970, Jul 12, 2010.

1. dww970 macrumors newbie

Hello all. This is not my own experience, this was told to me by my g/f who's cousin works at Apple.
    She said her cousin was eating lunch in the Apple complex and noticed the guy sitting in front of him take something out of his pocket and plug ear buds into it. He thought it was an iPhone 4 until he realized the buds plugged into the underside. He describes it as looking "boxy" like the iphone 4 with a gray matte back (same as the iPad?) with the familiar apple logo and a little circle in the top middle like a camera with a smaller circle next to it. The sides of the device were chrome and had small "grills" like the ipad speakers along both the sides (stereo speakers?) maybe true, maybe no...sounds intriguing though. And for those of you wondering about the screen/forward facing camera etc, he didn't get a chance to see the front. Your thoughts?

2. Biker macrumors regular

Good news if true, they're testing it.
    Now it's time for some guy to lost it in a bar.

3. avit macrumors regular

avit

Yeah, next time she sees him she should take him to a bar :D

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Hmmmmm... Sounds pretty legit. I would like the iPhone 4 design.

5. ChiChi macrumors newbie

I remember seeing this iPhone 4 mockup on some forum (sorry, I do not know the original maker of this mockup, so I can't credit) where they took inspiration from the iPad

[​IMG]

It would be quite nice if the iPod touch 4G would look like that! Ignore the curvy shapes and imagine the boxy iPhone 4 look :p

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

That looks really thick.

7. avit macrumors regular

avit

too thick. and apple wouldn't make it an iPad-like design.

8. Biker macrumors regular

yeah but its a fake, apple can make it thinner.

Edit:
    But by making it thicker to put a camera and a way more better speaker,thats really not bad too!
    why should it be thinner, it will fit our pocket anyway.

9. androiphone macrumors 65816

I cant see them putting grills in it like the ipad, big speakers would take up far too much room in the device compared to the thin flat speaker they use now

10. iMac0765 macrumors regular

All I have to do is sell my current one before some idiot looses it in bar, or play pen ;)

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Flat aluminum back with chrome sides? Very interesting.. Yet I highly doubt the legitimacy of it. I would like it, but I doubt Apple would go with that combination.

Are you saying this device apparently had speaker grills on the left and right sides of the device? Because Apple would never manufacture that.

12. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

+1

13. dww970 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dunno, he's said a lot of other stuff too, lately I'm starting to think he's full of crap. I'm not even sure what he does at Apple.

14. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Really? I could say I know someone that works at Apple. I'm ok with it with more proof. Until then, its the same as the may be released in August rumor.

15. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I sure hope it looks like that.

16. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

17. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I highly doubt Apple would let an unreleased product be tested outside of their labs, at least without some form of cover on it (like the iPhone 4 prototype being put in a case designed for the 3GS). Considering Apple is infamous for their black-clothed labs where everything is covered and hidden behind several locked doors. Even if it was apparently on the Apple campus, I really doubt someone would be using an un-cased pre-release product in broad daylight.

18. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I don't think Apple will put speakers on the side of a device though, are you referring to the volume rocker? Also, yeah, Apple is really serious on protecting their unreleased products by making sure there isn't a leak.

19. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

If this was a redesigned ipod touch, then it couldn't be the rocker as the two buttons would have separated.

20. EllieV macrumors 6502

Gray matte back? Is my dreams of a crazyass liquidmetal coming true?

(P.S. Can someone tell me what these speaker grills are, better yet, a picture.

21. Fulaeetoy macrumors newbie

Fulaeetoy

from ilounge

looks legit. Well.. it's not over yet.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backstage/comments/brand-new-details-on-the-ipod-touch-4g/

22. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

23. EllieV macrumors 6502

So the speaker grills you guys were talking about, what do they look like?