Allergic Reaction?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mintuz, Jul 12, 2015.

1. mintuz macrumors newbie

mintuz

I've had my SS Classic leather model for about a month now and in this time I have noticed several red marks around both arms, at first I thought it was insect bites but have come to the conclusion it isn't insects because the lumps don't have bite marks and can disappear within a few hours. These lumps are also incredibly itchy and flake if I scratch them.

Has anyone else experienced this, I've looked online and their seems to be people with the same complaint but all the pictures tend to be near where they wear their watch, but my rashes seem to be all over my arms.

I'm a little worried it is my Watch as I have been enjoying it quite a lot but there is definitely a link since me wearing it and these marks appearing.

http://imgur.com/a/FUzXd

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The rash would be where your watch makes contact with your skin. They look more like failed bites from a mozzi

3. TJone macrumors 6502a

My skin is really sensitive and my 3rd party leather band caused irritation too. I washed the back of it off in the sink with soap and water and let it dry and then it was fine. You can try that too. You don't need to get the band soaking wet just enough to clean it. Maybe some chemical on it from the factory that is irritating your skin.

4. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Uhm, with the distribution of your rash nearer your elbows, its unlikely that this is directly caused by the watch. I would suggest you see a doctor, as the rash looks and your description of it sounds a bit like psoriasis.

See this: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/psoriasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx