Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Can't wait for the Apple Vision Pro but can't afford it? Well I have the next best thing!

Action Retro is a Youtuber who does lots of crazy stuff with old PowerPC Macs, from running modified versions of macOS, to running Minecraft on them, and doing things the old Macs were never meant to do. And now his newest creation has arrived, the first PowerPC powered spatial computer: The Apple Vision G3, using a pair of XReals and a iBook G3 he modified to become headless.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
I love his channel. I watch his new videos every week.

I think it'd be a good idea to try something similar with a 12" PBG4. It' smaller, faster, and has way better graphics. It's also got to be just as much of a pain to remove the display from one of those as it is a clamshell, lol.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Can't wait for the Apple Vision Pro but can't afford it? Well I have the next best thing!

Action Retro is a Youtuber who does lots of crazy stuff with old PowerPC Macs, from running modified versions of macOS, to running Minecraft on them, and doing things the old Macs were never meant to do. And now his newest creation has arrived, the first PowerPC powered spatial computer: The Apple Vision G3, using a pair of XReals and a iBook G3 he modified to become headless.

Ok, that was freaking funny....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.