Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cajuru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
If you purchased an Amazing Apple TV Take 2 but Itunes Store is not available in your country, please send a message saying: APPLE: WHY DON`T YOU WANT OUR MONEY???

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
If you purchased an Amazing Apple TV Take 2 but Itunes Store is not available in your country, please send a message saying: APPLE: WHY DON`T YOU WANT OUR MONEY???

You do know Apple is already working on this right? In addition if you want it to go faster I recommend you contact the content distributor in your country - they are the ones that hold this up, not Apple (Apple cant sell or rent movies it does not have the rights to distribute).

Cajuru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
What about Disney?

I can imagine how hard it is to negotiate such distribution agreement, in particular considering Apple TV's disruptive potential. I bought a PS3 in December for its HD capabilities, but after seeing Apple TV HD content I realized that PS3 Blu-Ray will become obsolete much faster than I imagined.

My question is: Why isn't DISNEY content available everywhere??? I am certain other distributors would have to follow suit if Disney begins to show huge windfall profits from content sales in emerging markets, for example.

Apple: Why don't you want our money?!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I can imagine how hard it is to negotiate such distribution agreement, in particular considering Apple TV's disruptive potential. I bought a PS3 in December for its HD capabilities, but after seeing Apple TV HD content I realized that PS3 Blu-Ray will become obsolete much faster than I imagined.

My question is: Why isn't DISNEY content available everywhere??? I am certain other distributors would have to follow suit if Disney begins to show huge windfall profits from content sales in emerging markets, for example.

Apple: Why don't you want our money?!

Disney/Sony/Name of Studio is set up in each country with its own individual rules for content delivery etc - in addition the copyright holders in each country are different - even for the same studios. Studios routinely sell the rights of their movies distribution to others internationally.

Again: its the studios not Apple.

Cajuru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
You're right... But...

You are probably right, it is just so frustrating to spend US$300 on Blu-ray Discs (which I did last month on Amazon) instead of downloading almost 100 titles from Itunes.

When will market forces prevail??? Dinosaurs (studios), evolve!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.