Allow me to vent for a minute....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjustmeee, Sep 23, 2014.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

Ok, every year I (we) go through this same thing .... waiting, calling, looking online for the newest iPhone. Sometimes it takes weeks and even months to find one. There isn't one 6 plus anywhere within 50 miles of me to be had. My delivery time from Apple is 3 to 4 weeks which puts the phone in my hands the middle of october. Seriously, doesn't Apple know how much in demand their products are every year and can't they prepare for this better? It gets pretty tiring of wanting to give someone $499 for something and not even able to do it. They could announce it a little later, start production a little sooner so they have more inventory coming out of the gate .... I don't know. I don't work there but I just had to vent for a minute!

2. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol are you serious. Do you understand how many iPhones they're pumping out daily? The demand is THAT high.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ok, your minute is up. What are you venting about? 6+ availability? LOL!

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

6. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I am serious and Apple probably knows exactly what the demand will be.

(And yes, I did preorder about 2 days after it was launched.)

7. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

u needed to wake up in the middle of the night like everyone else who had one in their hands on launch day. i've seen 6 plus come and go in and out of stock at stores around Dallas here. THey are possible to get. Check in the middle of the night

8. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

that was not the most smooth process either...

9. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Why not just simulate them announcing it later? The night before your phone arrives, watch the keynote again.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I honestly think Apple held back with the 6 plus, much like they did gold 5S at launch. They didn't know how well (or poorly) it would be received.

11. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

OP did it 2 days later. so obviously wasn't worried about getting one too quickly. reports all over the news about millions selling in the 1st weekend and it being a new record. People are surprised every year. they expect to just mosey on down to the Apple store and get a phone with no line or wait. Same with ordering for in store pickup...people expect to just look on there and a phone be available. These things are hot and everyone wants them. Do it at the odd hour

12. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

zomg.. LULZ.. i know right.

13. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

A. No they don't. Steve jobs himself said nobody would buy a large phone.

B. That's not a preorder. That's an order. These things are in high demand. If you wanted one immediately, you should have gotten up at 3am on 9/12 with the rest of us.

14. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I'm sure it's frustrating. But there are shortages for everything. Maybe they add another factory to help meet demand but then profits are less and investors unhappy.

I remember over the summer there were reports of problems with the six plus. That it may be launched a month later. Obviously Apple ramped up enough supply that they thought it would be better go launch. I'm sure the release of the Note 4 also was a small part in their deciding not to release later. I am one who thinks they rely on machines so heavily to produce phones that they could do more production in the US but I could care less about profit margins.

15. andrewxie macrumors member

I understand your frustration:).
    I am not quite sure what your situation is at this point, upgrade or outright? If you are buying a phone outright, show up before the Apple store opens in the morning, them just ask them if they have the 6+ or not. Most apple stores are getting new shipment in every day, so I would suggest you do that if you want a phone really bad.
    Online refreshing and preorder are jokes now. Since there are just not many 6+ out there at this point.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I think it was 20 million!

17. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

I was just giving you a hard time.

I know how you feel. You just have to realize it'll eventually be yours. There are millions of people in the same boat. Just focus on something else for a week or two then maybe you'll be rewarded for your patience.

18. nuckfan macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered as soon as I could. This was after spamming refresh on the Apple Store for 2 and a half hours. The first 6 plus I could add to my cart and check-out had an estimated ship time of 3-4 weeks.

I would also add that I'm doing this through the Canadian Apple Store. Maybe we get a lot less phones up here.

19. R0nin macrumors newbie

Both the Canadian and American Apple websites restock daily, some at 12:01AM or throughout the day.

This morning at 8:06AM I reserved an iPhone 6+ 128GB Space Gray on the Canadian Apple Store website, out of sheer luck there was one available.

At 1PM I walked out with a 6+ 128GB SG without contract paying full price.

If I had gone and renewed my contract I would be forced to upgrade my plan losing my grandfathered plans only costing $56/month.

----------

If you live in Vancouver, Metrotown in Burnaby will have a 6+ 128GB Space Gray available when they refresh their stock.

20. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

I agree with you. No retailer can precisely predict the volume they will see on lunch day. I work in an industry where we lunch new products and opening orders on new items are almost always an estimate and at best an educated guess. We've seen those estimates blown out of the water and we've seen them to be way too optimistic at times.

I was up late. I pre-ordered. I received. It's what it is...

21. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

What if they announced in the keynote that the iPhone wouldn't be released until mid October because they wanted 5 weeks to focus on catching up with the production. People would still bitch.