Allowed to Sell AT&T iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KillerOperators, Nov 30, 2014.

1. KillerOperators macrumors newbie

My wife and I both recently upgraded to iPhone 6's on AT&T with the new contract pricing, rather than the AT&T Next program. 14 days after upgrading, I went to do AT&T's official iPhone unlock, and accidentally entered the IMEI for her new iPhone 6, rather than her iPhone 5. I realized the error right after submitting the form, and resubmitted using the correct IMEI. To my surprise though, I received confirmation emails from BOTH submissions, and both phones were allowed to be unlocked. So I went through the process and unlocked her iPhone 6, just to see if it would work. It did work, and her phone is now unlocked.

She's not terribly happy with the phone though, because of the size, and would prefer to be on a 5s. We're outside the 14 day return window though, so I'm thinking of selling her iPhone 6 and buying her a used or refurbished iPhone 5s instead.

So my question is this - Are we allowed to sell her iPhone 6? I don't know how it technically works as far as ownership of the device goes. I know with the AT&T Next program, and other similar programs from other carriers, that you're actually leasing the phone. But what about the new contract price from AT&T? Do we own her phone?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, of course you can sell it.
    But you still have to keep service on that line with AT&T for the next 2 years or if you cancel you will have to pay the $325 ETF.
    Other than that you can do whatever you want with your phone.