Alluminium Macbook + Ipad vs Aluminium macbook + Imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fred2505, Jun 22, 2010.

1. fred2505 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well ? I've got an Aluminium Macbook, I'm considering buying an Imac or an Ipad I am currently a student, so I normally take my macbook to lectures, I also have an Iphone 3gs.. what would you guys advice ?

Thanks & God Bless. :)

2. dbwrobel Guest

Are you looking at replacing your current macbook? What are the specs of it and what are you using it for?

I just sold my iMac + iPad combo as I found the iPad way to basic to do anything other than watching movies, playing games here or there, and some very very light content creation (such as typing documents, spreadsheets, etc).
    I also found that my iPhone does pretty much what the iPad does except with a bigger screen and some software not being available for it.

I'd say since you have a laptop already and an iPhone, stick with it or just get a new laptop (again though it all depends on what you plan on using it for) and potentially the new Iphone.

3. fred2505 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its the very first Aluminium Macbook 2Gb Memory, and 2Ghz Intel core 2 Duo. I mostly use it for doing uni work, and a little web design not much though. :

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

sounds like you've got your computing needs covered already with the MB and iPhone. Not a whole lot more you could do with the iMac or iPad that you can't already.

5. BitDrive macrumors member

I agree, but, if I were you, I would buy a $299.00 23" hdmi display and a wireless keyboard for your MacBook and you will basically have an Imac.