Alluminium or Black

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thiagomz, Dec 11, 2008.

1. thiagomz macrumors newbie

Guys,

I will buy my first Macbook and I was with a doubt between a macbook aluminum or the old black model. My doubt is because the absence of the firewire port and the price (only $150), I have a camcoder (firewire) and I would like to use it on the macbook, but by the other side.. I have a PC that I can use to extract the movies and then copy to aluminum.

I am between these models.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=workaround.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=587721&is=REG

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=workaround.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=547571&is=REG

tkz all !

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Unless FW is a total deal breaker, I say get the new one.

It's a nicer case and a newer build - you'll be happier in the long run.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Serisously... there are SO MANY threads out there that discuss this situation... You might be able to get more info by just running a search and reading those threads..

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I agree. It takes 5 seconds to do a search which in this case would bring up dozens and dozens of threads exactly on this subject.

5. thiagomz thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry :(

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. There has been so many threads on this.

My advice is to buy the new one. I love my Blackbook, but if you can do without FW (I can't) then the new one is pretty sweet. Plus it is only $150 more. Either one is super nice though and will serve you well.

7. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I think people don't do searches on things like this because they have different variables and they want to personalize it. Like me! lol

For the question, I think you should go with the new Alum MacBook because of the case (being the Unibody vs plastic) and a big one for me DDr3 ram.

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Sounds like Firewire isnt a "must have" for you so i would for sure have to say the ALUMINUM!

9. TCU macrumors newbie

If anything get the new one for the multitouch, I have it and use it ALL THE TIME! its great.

10. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

11. iAppleONE macrumors member

go for the new one....the gesture pad upgrade is worth the $150 alone.

12. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Whatever is in your budget, go for.