Almost 3 weeks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sinclac57, Sep 7, 2014.

1. sinclac57 macrumors member

Well i have had my iMac for about 3 weeks now the transition from pc has been relatively easy, but i do have a question am an old guy with the eyes that go with it. The font in the browser (any of them) is too small and i'm tired of hitting the increase font size button, i have changed the sitting where possible but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

You can try, hit Safari top left corner, Preferences, open Advanced icon on the top right, change "Never use font sizes smaller than"

3. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

Found that and set it at 14 still no good.

4. snorkelman, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014

snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

if you're willing to go outside of Safari, FireFox with NoSquint add-on might be an option?
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/

Lets you set zoom levels either per site or on a global basis

you can restrict it to just text zoom or text and images as per examples below (default FireFox 120pcnt zoom on left, 175pcnt zoom on the right)

Attached Files:

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

One option might to be to use a different screen resolution?

6. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

in safari, as well as most other apps (mail, text edit, pages) you can increase the viewable area space by pressing command+shift+plus.

i work off a tv and frequently use this to make whatever page i'm viewing bigger :D

7. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

Before i got my iMac all i used was FireFox, so i think this will work. Thanks

8. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

you're welcome, hope it works out for you :)

9. Choctaw macrumors 6502

Choctaw

I don't use the shift key my font size is made larger or smaller by pressing only the Command key along with the plus or minus which makes text larger or smaller.

10. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

ahaha, funny, i never tried it without the "shift" key as I thought that since the button is actually an "equal" key and you get the "plus" key by pressing shift.... but you are correct, thank you for that note :)

11. Choctaw macrumors 6502

Choctaw

Thanks for your friendly post. I was a bit hesitant to list that key function. For in the forum there are some who delight in picking about any learning that goes against a particular view. By the way what you said, works too. As we all learn when using computers for some reason with PC or Apple there are many ways to do the same thing. I have alway believed why not have ONE way and cut out all the bickering as to which should be used.

Cheers

12. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

my pleasure, i tend to agree that some more positivity in responses would be nice. the way i see it, as long as you know that there is an alternative way, use whatever feels best for you... :D