Almost bought an iMac G3!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Jun 22, 2012.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I was in Austin and stopped at some thrift store to see if there was anything fun in there. I went by the electronic department (shelves) and there was a green iMac G3 just sitting there waiting to be taken home. I picked it up and took it over to the testing power strips and sure enough! It started right up into OS 9. I just about peed myself. It took a while to start up but I could see it was doing stuff.

I looked over and there was some girl looking at this whole thing, she was about 10. Never having been there, I asked if the numbers scribbled onto the screen was the price and she said she didn't know. When I started it she said oh wow! It works!

Then came the question.. "Are there any other computers?" I looked and saw a 3ft tall PC tower. She also told me I would need a mouse and keyboard and that there were some on the shelves. I asked if she was going to buy it and she said she'd have to ask her mom. I said ask your mom and if she wants it I'll let you have it.

I couldn't deprive a kid of owning an iMac. So I let it go. Probably best I sold my MacBook earlier in the day as I might've felt generous enough to give it to her!

Attached Files:

2. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I'll give you an iMac g3. But tx is probably too far from an.