Almost canceled my iPhone 7 pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roller, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Roller macrumors 68020

Like many other people here, I pre-ordered based on what I saw in Apple's keynote and read in the tech press. My September 9 order (iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB, matte black, IUP) is still processing. But I hadn't actually used the new iPhone until last night, when I stopped by an Apple Store for another reason.

After playing with a couple of display models for a few minutes, I didn't walk away feeling more excited and impatient for delivery, as I expected. The display was excellent, though not that much better than the one on my 6 Plus. It also didn't feel much faster than my current phone. Apart from the haptic home button, which felt odd, the iPhone 7 seemed so familiar.

I briefly considered canceling my order and waiting another year. However, some of the iPhone 7's benefits—water resistance, more memory and storage, for example—weren't apparent from a store demo, and I didn't get to try the new camera. In the end, I decided that the upgrade would be worthwhile for me.

Posts about the iPhone 7 run the gamut from opinions that say that it's vastly improved to the polar opposite. They're both right, especially when you take perceived value and other circumstances into account. It's not surprising that someone considering moving up from a 4s, say, will see things differently than a 6s owner, and two people with identical iPhones may not see eye-to-eye. That's OK—it's up to each person to determine what makes sense for them.

2. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

All i know and can say is that minus the stupid buzzing from the mic when recording videos i absolutely love my iPhone 7 Plus

3. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I agree. So far I love my phone. Doesn't mean I won't trade it later as I normally buy way to many phones by so far it's excellent. I'm glad I traded my 6s plus for it.