iPad almost certain iPad air 2 has 2GB RAM!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AliMacs, Oct 18, 2014.

1. AliMacs macrumors 6502

Based not only on leaked A8X processor board which also has same heat sink cover as the A5X and A6X...all 3 SoC has their ram not built onto the chip but seperated due to the non package on package design.

Based on the elpida memory code deciphered it will most likely contain at least 2GB ram. I just placed my very 2nd order since my iPad 4 so I have real good evidence enough to warrant a purchase of the iPad air 2 gold.

All I want is near desktop performance of safari Web browsing and if the iPad air clocks in sunspider results of near 389ms and my Mac mini is around 250ms with the keynote slide showing the A8X is 40% faster than the A7 that would put the iPad air 2 sunspider results near 230ms or so. That's faster than my Mac mini and if true, this is going to be the first iPad I can use that truly replaces my desktop and laptop for web browsing and with so many apps and the speed of this new A8X I'm quite satisfied. I have access to an iPad air and that is fast but just not good enough to be considered desktop replacing but if this new iPad air2 cpu performance is indeed at least 40% faster than the iPad air, I'm gonna be ecstatic!

2. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

3. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Almost certain... nice. That's the same as it being almost confirmed, most likely has, and I'm pretty sure it does....

4. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Stop getting everyone so excited because they'll be more frustrated when they find out that the new iPad air 2 has only 1GB of RAM.
    iPad air 2 DOES have 1GB of RAM.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

Weren't there also leaks at one point of the iPhone 6 having 2GB RAM too?

I still have a feeling that the Air 2 will have 2GB RAM because it is an "X" series chip.

6. AliMacs thread starter macrumors 6502

IPhone 6 was rumored to have 1GB based on the chip code readout. The X does not have ram built on the chip like the regular A processors. Not only that it has 1billion more transistors which does mean it has to have more than a simple quad GPU must be some built in goodies not mentioned yet. Gonna be a monster iPad that will hang with nvidias K1 or possibly besting it.

7. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Well you sound pretty certain, got any evidence to rival the multiple recent component leaks?

8. 007p macrumors 6502a

2gb isn't going to magically fix Safari. There is still a software bug somewhere in it.

9. awests macrumors regular

We will never know of they don't release a iPad/iPhone with 2GB of RAM!

10. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Nope. It's so deliberate, it's unreal.

11. Freida macrumors 65816

I'm coming back here on wednesday to prove your ignorant bum wrong :)

12. scupking macrumors 6502a

I'm sure it probably still has 1gb of ram. I think the safari thing is a software issue. Since 8.0 Safari has been horibal on my rMini. It randomly won't load pages, stops responding and crashes. So I hope 8.1 will fix most issues in safari.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

14. yegon macrumors 68020

You realise you're EXACTLY as knowledgeable on the subject as the OP? As in, not at all.

Here, have a self awareness cookie ◊, you look hungry.

15. TJone macrumors 6502a

I am in the same boat. 8.0 has caused Safari to crash a lot on my rMini and I await 8.1 to hopefully sort that out.

I am almost certain nobody knows how much ram the new iPad Air has yet. Except Cook and company.

16. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Well they ARE technically correct. We do know it will have 1GB - he didn't exactly say only. Everyone's sarcasm meter here seems to be broken

17. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Please make sure you come back. I look forward to it. Let's see who's wrong on this.

18. puma1552 macrumors 601

i just cant stand how clicking the back button results in refreshing the page youre going back to. no matter the device or the ram - from a 1 gb iphone 6 to a 16 gb retina mbp

19. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

If you are going to call someone ignorant, you should say you're rather than your.

20. dinostars macrumors member

Freida used the correct one, what are you talking about?

21. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

For those who keep insisting it's a software issue, why hasn't Apple fixed it yet? It's existed for over a year since the first 64-bit iPad Air came out.

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, I 'm going to be laughing at all y'all when it turn out the new iPad has 4GB of RAM...

23. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

That's going to be in the iPad XX (20)

24. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

So, let's see how that would read using "your" (I'm assuming: Bill Mahr) "New Rules" of English:

Here we go: "I'm coming back here on Wednesday to prove "you're" ignorant bum wrong". Literally meaning: "I'm coming back here on Wednesday to prove you are ignorant bum wrong".

Hum.....I'm going with the original version as posted by "Freida" (i.e. "your").