Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Speck is awesome. Have the toughskin for my 3gs, and its fricking awesome (although not as non-slip as I would like)....decided to go with case-mate vroom for my yet to be received 4...price, mostly....and included screen protector....$15 delivered

ElZeus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
"Not Available" : I get the add to cart button when I visit the product page.

"How is the fit?" : Nice and snug, it fits the straight edges of the iPhone 4 real nice.

"White out Pics?" : I didn't notice any abnormalities compared to using the flash w/o the case.

I ordered 2 day shipping and got it next day, In my area "Chicago Land" finding a decent case at a B/M store is next to impossible.

GameraFan

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Only the black is currently in stock. Maybe that's the issue above.

Glad to hear it's a good fit. Looking forward to trying it out.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Not to put you out but if possible could you post a picture using the flash with and without the case? Thnx! :)

GameraFan

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Not to put you out but if possible could you post a picture using the flash with and without the case? Thnx! :)
The best test is to go into a completely dark room and take flash photos with and without the case. The original CandyShells had major issues and they are redesigning them.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Can you take photos of (NOT with) the phone with the case on it? I want to see how it looks. Speck is sending me a pixel skin to hold me over until my Candyshell replacement comes in a few weeks.

ElZeus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Confirming only black is in stock atm.

**Sorry my bathroom was the only room dark enough to test the flash, I know I need a tub of oxiclean**

w/o case:

With Case:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Looks like there's no glare as far as my eyes can see. It's weird they are different tinges of color though. Probably from looking at it at different angles.

Without the case, looks kinda yellow haha.

Can you take photos of the phone with the case on it?

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
It's interesting that you'll get less green tint WITH case.

I hope this case can be used with SGP protection kit including the sides. I want to go naked for daily use but need a good silicone skin for weekend activities.

Confirming only black is in stock atm.

**Sorry my bathroom was the only room dark enough to test the flash, I know I need a tub of oxiclean**

w/o case:

With Case:

Blaenk

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Hey, would you be kind enough to post a couple more pics of flash/noflash, preferably of something else other than this setting? This looks like a nice case and probably the only good one out for now, if it indeed has no flash issues.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I have a pixelskin for my 3G and I love it. It feels strong enough to survive a fall and it feel like it won't slip from my hand. Is the i4 version tat way? Any pics of the phone with the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.