Almost impossible to make a call..trust me I've tried

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ballpark1313, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ballpark1313 macrumors member

So I switched over to my new Iphone 4 last night from my 3G iphone. I didn't pay much attention to the whole...poor signal strength problems......until I actually tried to make some calls on my phone.

I have tested it all yesterday and today and it is almost impossible for me to make a call. If I hold the phone normally in my left or right hand as I make a call, I can get connected (about half the time) and then it goes to no signal and I lose the call between 2-15 seconds.

The only way I can make calls and have them stay connected is if I hold the iphone with two fingers with one finger up by the volume controls and another finger on the opposite side. I feel like I'm having tea with my iphone and I need to keep my pinky out for better reception.

If I hold the phone in my hand to write a text message, by the time I'm finished my signal strength is gone, it won't let me send my text, and I have to hold the phone again by my two little fingers and wait to send the text.

Holding this phone in any normal matter I would hold any other phone on this planet literally makes my iphone 4 useless!!!!!!! My wife is waiting on the white iphone and still has the 3G. I cupped both my hands around her phone and made several calls and no matter where I put my hands the signal strength wasn't effected in any way!!

Saying, "well just don't hold the phone like that" (Thanks Steve!!) or "just buy a case" isn't a solution. This new iphone is faulty and shouldn't have been put on the market like this. I will be taking my phone to the apple store to see what they say otherwise it looks like bye bye iphone 4 and hello to a phone that actually works.

2. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Sadly I agree with this. I am really hoping fir a miracle fix Monday. If not, back to my 3GS and I will miss this beautiful screen. Such a shame. :(

3. wgary macrumors member

Ditto. I love the phone but what's the point if I can't make a call. Very frustrating. 1-2bars less than what I had with my 3GS, what I get with iPad and what my wife gets with her AT&T BlackBerry. Two many places are flat.

4. JasonH macrumors member