Almost ready to buy an iPhone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andrew07, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

Been reading Macrumors daily, gathering as much info and feedback on the iPhone as possible, and have decided I want to get one....plus I played with one at a local AT&T store and was FLOORED :) .

The problem is the closest Apple store is an hour away. It seems a fair amount of people have had trouble with their iPhones and have needed to take it in to an Apple Genius or even get it replaced. And to my understanding, AT&T stores WILL NOT do exchanges, correct? They'll ship it to Apple? So is my best bet to buy from the Apple store thats an hour away? I was thinking if I do have hardware problems after the return date, they might even waive me the $30 fee since I'll be driving so far out of the way.

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I don't see why AT&T wouldn't do exchanges, it's kind of required. I would only recommend an Apple store just to get the full experience.

3. Andrew07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't find the post at the moment, but I read that AT&T will only deal with the phone part of the iPhone. So if part of the touchscreen isn't working, AT&T will send it to Apple for repair instead of exchanging you for a new phone, while the Apple store would do an exchange right there on the floor