Alot of Iphone 3G Questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QERTXL, Aug 20, 2008.

1. QERTXL macrumors newbie

sorry if they sound n00b-ish:

can 2.0.2 be jailbroken yet?

if not how long does it usually take for the jailbreak to be available?

can you download music over the internet from sites like zshare? where is it stored? the same goes for pics and vids too?

will the brand new iphone i purchase from at&t be updated to 2.0.2 already or do i have to upgrade?

what is MobileMe? does it work with aim?

does that trick for the original iphone where you use a paperclip to increase the overall speaker volumeon the 3g iphone?

how is 2.0.2 working on the original iphones...are there no problems?

how do i pay for apps from the app store...due they appear on the bill or do i have to pay separately like with a credit card or itunes gift card??

what can the official aim app do that the sidekick lx cant do and vice versa??

what programs do you guys use to edit and tag all your music?

Sorry if it seems like alot

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

im not going to go through and list an answer to every single question, and if anyone does they are crazy. Take a little time, use the search tool in the different sections where your questions belong and you will most definately find answers. Forums have search tools for a reason, why can't people use them. Oh and google works as well.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

no
    depends
    not download music directly to the iphone, only photos
    depends when and where you buy it
    www.apple.com/mobileme, and no to the aim
    no
    some people have problems, many do not
    through itunes, so on your credit card used in itunes
    no idea
    edit: garageband, tag: itunes?

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I have detailed informative answers for each and every one of your delightful questions. Oops, hang on, I just walked by a school playground and noticed that NONE of the children's shoelaces are tied. Gonna be a busy day. Back later...

In the mean time, check out Google.

5. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

Just wait for a month.

iPhone 3G is not ready for a prime time due to 3G mess. I would suggest to wait till 3G issues are officially resolved and confirmed by folks who stuck with recently purchased iPhones. You still have a choice and they do not. What is the point to joint this club? Apple may quietly make a hardware update, so folks would never even know. I bet they already took care of the hardware we just need to wait for a new batch. Let the brave ones to clean up the current inventory or may be Apple will just ship the rest of the wacky ones to a 3rd world countries.

I believe it will be safe to buy at the end of September or October.

I am returning mine today, so I left it in my car @parking. The funny thing is, I do not feel like I missed it too much. No urge to go and get it from my car. Figures...