alot of water damage, still works...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tibby05, Feb 22, 2009.

1. tibby05 macrumors member

I dropped my iphone in the toilet friday lmao and it was completly submerged under water so i turned it off and let it dry under a fan for a comple 24 hours and turn it on the next day and it works. now its a lil screwy, the lock button on the top doesnt work and if it goes idle for a long time, it will turn off and just keep turning on and off but if i play music through it the whole time it will stay on and its perfectly fine. obviously sumthing to do with the battery, any have any suggestions??

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You can replace the battery yourself or send it into a place like iResQ. I would also suggest Mission Repair but they currently don't offer battery repairs. Replacing the battery yourself will cost about $17. At mission repair it will cost about $89. If you don't feel comfortable performing the repair yourself, I would send it into iResQ. If you decide to send it in, while it's there you can also have them perform a diagnostic test which will also tell you what is wrong. You may also need to replace the Sleep/Wake Button or a connection ribbon somewhere.

David