Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsevarino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Would anyone know where I could find the carbon build that used to be up at http://www.brad-oliver.com:8081/~boliver/blog/archives/000299.html? It is for the game Alpha Centauri and allows you to install the game in Mac OSX. It used to be there but it seems to be gone now. I looked for a torrent and through irc and couldn't find it there either. Does anyone know where this can be downloaded? Even better, if someone wants to send me a copy that would work too

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Yeah, I've got it, hold on.
Got no hosting ability and it's too large to add as a forum attachment, so I mailed it.

Check the email you used to register.

Enjoy! It's a great game!

OffPanel

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Only if you have enough for the whole class...

Sorry to be a pain, yellow, but would you mind sending the carbon patch my way as well? Just bought a new Mac and one of my only misgivings is that I'm finally losing the ability to run Classic mode.

A little Alpha Centauri will ease the trauma of being dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

Thanks!

OffPanel

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thanks!

Thanks, Yellow. You embody the true spirit of the helpful Mac user.

I can't wait to pull out my old Alpha Centauri disc and rediscover this game...

Brad Oliver

macrumors regular
May 14, 2003
Phoenix, AZ

Jezak

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
I hate to ask the same thing, but I'd love to get the build as well if possible. One of my all time favorite games.

Edit: Sorry for missing that the link is good.

semicharmed

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
New Orleans
It's working now, but the link (and http://www.brad-oliver.com) was down over the weekend.
Glad to see it's back up though, this is one of my favorite computer games of all time — one of the first games I played as a kid that wasn't marketed as an educational game, for kids.

BioPandemic

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
Glad its back up, thank you.
As of when I posted it was down, though the internet service I'm currently on is rather, flakey...

atwatkins

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
Need list of installed game directory

I have the original Mac cd for this game, but no longer have a computer with Classic installed. Does anyone know if there is a way to put all the correct files into a folder and simulate the install? I have the carbon patch as well, so I think I'll be able to run it on 10.5, but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it so I can play this great game again.

sephseph

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Hey all....

I've managed to install SMAC onto my macbook using target disk mode, and I have the carbon patch thing...BUT..

I don't know how to use the patch. It seems to be a .sit file, can anybody help me out a bit here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.