Alpine iDA-X100 Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tha80sbrat, Aug 30, 2008.

1. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

I really want to get the Alpine iDA-X100 for my car. I know you have to buy a separate bluetooth adapter so I can use the hands free feature...so my question is, does it work okay? Sound quality, echoes...etc?

Also, I read on another thread that when you connect the iPhone 3G to the deck, it gives you a message about incompatibility, but it still allows it to work. I just want to make sure this is correct b/c the only reason I'm upgrading my car stereo is to be able to connect my iPhone to it.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

2. Oxxy macrumors newbie

I don't have the separate blue tooth dongle, but I do have the iDa-x100, and it is amazing. The iPod interface is great and easy to use even while driving.
    When you plug it in, it gives you the incompatibility message and asked to put it on airplane mode, but it works fine. Make sure you use the usb cable that comes with it, and NOT the 'full speed' connection cable which does not charge it. The only thing that bugs me about the radio is, if you don't unlock your iphone before you plug it into the radio, it will sometimes give you and error message and you have to reconnect it.

3. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

4. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

hey, I was also looking into this unit until I read somewhere that it drains the iPods battery if left plugged in after the vehicle is turned off.... can anyone confirm or debunk this?

I have a 5th gen video ipod.

thanks in advance