Alpine Interface Cable and MLB Gameday ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by patrickdunn, Jun 18, 2009.

1. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Does anybody know if the Alpine Interface Cable:

[​IMG]

can transmit the audio from MLB Audio App to my Stereo, or does it only pick up songs from the iPod?

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

does that cable wire look like it will fit in any headphone jack?

you need a 3.5 to 3.5 AUX Wire for you to listen to anything in your car

3. patrickdunn thread starter macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I currently have this cable to play music from my 30gb iPod and my friends iPhone 3g. This cable allows my head-unit to control the iPod/iPhone.

So we have established that you can use this to play music/charge iPods/iPhones, but can you use it with the MLB Gameday App for Audio?

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

hmm hopefully then...i havent tried it out myself, but sounds like something im interested as well

5. patrickdunn thread starter macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I guess with no replies, I'll be trying this out tomorrow when I pick up my 3G.

I'll let you know what happens.

6. cualexander macrumors 6502a

If it's any help I have an Alpine X100 headunit that has a USB to Dock connector cable and it plays songs directly on the headunit from my iphone 3G and if I pause the iPod playback, I get all the other audio out from the my iPhone. I listen to Slacker radio on it all the time and it works great.

7. dsjr2006 macrumors regular

Unfortunately because this is only made to play audio from the iPod app in order to get audio from other apps you have to start then stop a song in the ipod app, exit to the app you want to use then you can use it for audio from apps other than iPod.

8. cualexander macrumors 6502a

That used to be true.... but 3.0 changed that for me. Now it loads the ipod app in the background no matter what app I am in, when in the 2.0 firmware it would quit whatever app I was in, load the ipod app, and then I'd have to go back to my original app. Now I just have to pause the song when the ipod starts playing. That's how it works on my x100 anyhow and its much better.