Already have an iPad 2, maybe looking sell it for a MBA ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xCromwell, Jan 8, 2012.

1. xCromwell macrumors newbie

So here I am, almost broke, but still... I managed to save a little money from Christmas ( Around 300$ ).

My dad's GF has got a Macbook Pro for Christmas and the more I see it, the more I want one x)

ANYWAY. With the little money I have, and by selling my iPad 2 + Xbox 360, I could probably manage to get myself a MBA. Probably the low-end 13" or the high-end 10".

I use my iPad daily for browsing, writing in Pages and Twitter / Facebook stuff. Do you think it's worth the upgrade ? Of course, I would prefer a larger screen and a physical keyboard for doing all that, but I think the iPad is doing it great too.

2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Depends... do you use your Xbox a lot? If not, it might be worth it. Personally I prefer the MBA over the iPad for just browsing.
    If you do use your Xbox a lot, and you're broke, I wouldn't spend money on a computer.

3. Beligerent macrumors regular

Beligerent

Thats funny I actually have an ad on Craigslist right now looking to trade my Macbook Pro for an iPad 3G.

4. xCromwell, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

xCromwell thread starter macrumors newbie

[/COLOR]
    I don't use my Xbox at all. I don't play games... Well, the games I played, I played them on my iPad so, yeah, I'm not much of a gamer. 90% of it's use would be Social media thingies, bit of programming and most of all, YouTube / rest of the internets.

5. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

In my opinion, it is worth getting the Air. But that's only my personal preference.
    The only time I prefer the iPad over the Air is when I'm either walking around or sitting on a bus.
    Plus, with the Air you get at least twice as much hard drive space and a much more powerful machine in case you want to do anything else like Photoshop...etc
    The Air is also much better, in my opinion, for typing if you ever use Office to do any school work.

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I'd personally go for the Air, but I don't think I could handle having an iPad as my only computer.

For what you're doing (other than programming), the iPad is certainly sufficient.

You'll "lose" your apps on your iPad, by which I mean you can't use your iPad apps on your Air. If you ever got another iPad, you'll be able to re-download them at no extra cost.

7. xCromwell thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.. I know about the iPad apps but it's fine :p I'll probably get an iPhone 5 when it comes out so it's fine ;)

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I sold my iPad 2 and put the money toward an 11" MBA. Best decision ever! :D

9. xCromwell thread starter macrumors newbie

Great ! Thanks for the reply ! I already sold my Xbox and now I'm looking to sell my iPad :) Hope I'll be as happy as you are !

10. darkheroz macrumors member

Just be warned that MBA is not for games ! Except Angry Birds :)

11. ghett0tech macrumors member

i sold my white MacbBook and my dented iPad 2 for a brand new high end 11" Air. best decision i have ever made. after owning both iPad and now this lovely Air this is definitely a much more enjoyable experience overall. this thing has handle everything i've thrown at it so far with ease.. definitely get one..

what model were you looking at?