Already purchased movies?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JUiCEJamie, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Hi Guys,

I bought Iron Man from iTunes (just checked the receipt in my inbox) back in 2010.
    Now, I want to redownload the item in iTunes as I'm on a new MBP now.

It won't recharge me will it? (Even though it says, Buy £6.99)

Thanks.

2. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

This pops up in iTunes, - if I click buy will it charge me again?

Attached Files:

3. camardelle macrumors 6502

It would appear so. Open iTunes and look to the right for a link for "purchases" and see if your movie appears there.

4. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Funnily enough, it doesn't. Nor does it appear in my "Check for available downloads..." in the Store menu.

I've decided to re-download it, if I have any problems with me being charged once more, I'll contact iTunes.

5. camardelle macrumors 6502

Are you sure you didn't rent it? I don't think rentals will appear in the available download section. I wasn't sure but didn't see either of the ones I rented after just checking. Just a thought...

6. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

That...just sounds weird to me. "You've already purchased this. Would you like to buy it again". Of coarse! I love paying twice for the same thing that was supposed to be reserved digitally for me anytime anywhere.

If i had to guess, "buy" is just bad wording for "download again". I'd contact apple and ask before clicking anything. If anything went wrong, they can reverse any charges

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Not all movies will show in purchases because a few studios are holding out Universal being one of them. If you want to download that movie again, it will cost you and it still won't be available in the cloud.

8. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

So..if you purchase a movie through iTunes and somehow it gets deleted, it's gone forever? And you'll have to re-buy it again? What's the benefit of buying it on iTunes vs bluray then?

9. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I was able to re-download Iron Man 2 from iTunes the other day. I picked it up from a digital copy redemption. I did it ages ago, and was able to download it again without trouble 2 days ago.

It just took me forever to find the "Purchased" link on the right side of the iTunes main page. Click that, then Movies at the top, should be good to go. Are you sure you are logged into the same account the movie was originally purchased from?

10. beach bum macrumors member

beach bum

You need to have the lastest version of iTunes in order to re-download your movies through the purchased tab.

11. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Also the OP is based in the UK, and Movies in iCloud service is not available in the UK yet.

12. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Oh, dammit! I didn't know that :(
    Because since, I've clicked "Buy" again, and it hasn't seemed to of charged me. But yes, it hasn't appeared in my Cloud or Purchased (A music video has though) :\

13. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

When i buy stuff off iTunes, the charge doesn't show up for a couple days. So there's still a possibility you could be charged

14. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Crap. I just deleted Surfs Up so I could get in 1080p.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a dick