Alright guys, I need your help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dreamlife789, Jun 16, 2013.

1. dreamlife789 macrumors member

I have the Otterbox, and we all know it protects your iPhone perfectly, but it looks like ****, and I can't even see my iPhone. What do you all suggest that will completely protect my iPhone, screen and all, but still let me see it as an iPhone.

2. Augustine864 macrumors regular

Perhaps:

[​IMG]

This was not helpful, I'm sorry. :D

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Urban Armor Gear IPH5-RST/BLK-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers and Screen Kit for iPhone 5 - Rust/Black
    http://amzn.com/B0099I81K0
    With
    Tech Armor iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B008THTTUI

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

----------

Don't post if your not going to help please.

4. Augustine864 macrumors regular

I'm sorry, I forgot how serious we are at all times here on the internet. :rolleyes:

OP, I agree that the OtterBox's are unsightly and I'm looking for a case solution for my phone as well. In the past I had a rather poorly made case off of Amazon that simply caught dirt inside of it and scratched up the back of my 3Gs.

For my Galaxy I had something from ATT which did a reasonable job but the soft rubber sides became stretched going into and then out of my pocket and it looked loose and sloppy. Recently I bought a Mophie case for it but it is the size of a Stryker FSV.

Running naked with my iPhone5 currently. Also, I have no case on my phone. ;) Waiting on a Monolith wood/skin and looking for a bumper presently. Like you, I want to find a protection solution that allows my iPhone to maintain it's shape.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using my thumbs.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

SF Matte Black - Apple iPhone 5 Ringke SLIM SF Premium Hard Case AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Unlocked , ECO Package
    http://amzn.com/B00993E8B6
    Or
    Photive Hybrid iPhone 5 Bumper Case - Black. Designed for The New iPhone 5. Updated Lightning Port Cutout
    http://amzn.com/B0092TQHP2
    With

Tech Armor iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B008THTTUI

6. Robster3 macrumors 68000

All rubbish.

7. Warcake macrumors regular

get a sleek bumper like the Al13, and a back and front protection film.

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

Whatever case you get, make sure it covers up the bottom of posts on MacRumors by people who insist on including;

'Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 '

On all their posts.

9. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Lol

10. viewfly, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

From a packaging point of view, almost any case that covers all sides (back, sides, top and bottom) with about 1.5 - 2mm of material minimum, and has about the same amount of raised lip on the screen will protect your phone from most drops.

It will prevent scratches and dents on the aluminum. It shouldn't be too loose to let dust to enter or pull away from the phone during a drop.

Add a screen protector, if you feel the need. The screen protector will not prevent cracked screens if it drops directly on an object smaller in size than the case opening. But will prevent scratches, even as robust as the bare screen is. Personally, I don't use a screen protector, but I'm pretty careful.

That amount of material (which is way less then the defender) will distribute enough impact to prevent phone surface damage.

Using that criteria, you have lots of cases to chose from and still have a slim phone. Personally I like the Switcheasy Tones (black, blue or purple), Belkin Grip Candy Sheer (lime green). Slim Armor has too small a lip for my comfort zone. Have on order the Poetic Atmosphere, but a bit worried about the lower lip.

But regardless of this protection, still handle your phone with some respect it deserves. Cases are for day to day handling and accidents...not for allowing one to use the phone as a football. ;)

11. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

This is what I have and like it. :)

Attached Files:

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Musubo cases look cool. I have this one.
    Musubo MU11020BK HyperGrip Case for Apple iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black
    http://amzn.com/B009XAOJSW
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371490764.073689.jpg

13. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Don't spend $10 on these. Similar cases on ebay are $1.99 all day shipped.

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

15. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I have the middle case and it's great for a cheap case. Still going strong after 6+ months. The first case a complete Griffin Survivor rip off and has not so great reviews.

16. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

They have some cool cases. Thanks for the site on Amazon. I got mine on E-Bay for about $5.00 :)

17. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Your welcome. I am always copying amazon links in the accessories section of MR:)