Alright, I'm getting a Blackbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by menthol moose, Aug 7, 2007.

1. menthol moose macrumors regular

Thanks to all of you who responded in my earlier thread. Once the store comes back online, I'm going to be getting my first Mac ever, a Refurbished Blackbook, if they're in stock, one of those new wired keyboards, and a Logitech MX Revolution, from some place that might have it in stock.

Thank you all again for the help I got in the earlier thread, and I'll be sure to post oodles of pictures when they arrive.

Just one question, though. How does the Macbook run on only 1 gig of RAM, just for schoolwork, and occasional video-watching?

2. chex macrumors regular

3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Mine ran fine on 512, admittedly I never really did anything too taxing on it.

4. menthol moose thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for the reassurance. I wasn't sure whether it'd be worth it to upgrade the RAM.

Now, for another question I had been thinking about: will the refurbished Macbook's also include iLife '08 now?

5. turnstylez18 macrumors regular

hey...i got the black refurb about a month ago..just like new...i couldnt be happier...best decision ive made

6. sstern1 macrumors member

I just bought a blackbook the other day. It's interesting definitely. Getting used to the keyboard but other than that I love the battery life and the durability.

The magsafe power thing is pretty sweet as well. Glossy screen I could do without though.

7. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Sorry, It doesn't look like it.
    Although it is possible that they haven't updated it yet. Don't bank on it, though.

8. menthol moose thread starter macrumors regular

Oh well. I'll find out soon enough. ;)

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Pretty much made my mind up also. Black macbook this friday.

I wanted a MBP but it was just overkill. I finally so no need as to spending the extra money for working on web, email, and surfing. Maybe watching a few movies and entertainment. Just couldn't justify the extra cost.

I do like the extra portably of the macbook.

10. Marley macrumors member

Marley

good choice! i bought my blackbook(first mac) two weeks ago, and i must say that it is probably the single most worthwhile investment i have ever made. have fun with yours!:)