Alright so.... Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Yesterday was Boxing Day here in Canada which is basically post-christmas black friday for us Canucks.

So I had some extra cash and 360's went on sale for $260 w/ 4 games so I snagged one to replace my launch 360, which I fear is slowly about to reach it's grave and the 3 year RRoD warranty is over.

But a problem. How do I get my stuff from my old 20gb HDD to my new 60 HDD? I don';t have the transfer cable that comes with the 120GB drive and I don't have a memory unit to transfer saved games and my gamertag over.

Any other way to do this? **** MS I don't wanna buy a stupid memory card for ONE use... :(

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Check craigslist or eBay for the transfer cable.

3. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

My bro was in the exact same situation, he borrowed a transfer cable off a friend and all was well.

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Ah, the xbox site says it only works with the 120gb drive, which I thought was strange. What a pain in the ass.

5. evan g macrumors regular

Well if you have any of those USB external hard drives laying around like I do, it shouldn't be a problem.

6. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

if you're doing this for accounts just migrate the accounts and it takes over the game information with it, if you're migrating like videos/demos/music then i don't think that stuff copies over so use a USB memory stick??

hope this helps!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have a transfer cable!!! PM me matey with your address and I'll send it to you if you would like. :)

8. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Microsoft could send one out. They have a form you fill out and you can get one. I got one that way. My friend got one by calling and giving some info. But if someone on here could send you theres, then have at it.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

10. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx