Alrighty then...got a PS3, help choose some NOT so usual games

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Joeytpg, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

...got a Sony Bravia 32" HD tv plus a PS3 80gb and a Logitech G5 5.1 set of speakers...

1) Now, I love FPS but honestly I find them VERY hard with a controller :( I'm too used to the Mouse and Keyboard. Is there a way to connect a keyboard+mouse to a PS3 and play COD4 with them? In the worst case scenario, is it too hard to get used to FPS with the regular controller?

2) I'll probably get some of the more "usual" games such as GT5 and MLB'08 but Id like to try some not so "popular" games too.....I was playing the demo of Tiger Woods PGA tour at my friend's house, and I REALLY dug it......any other cool not so popular games?

2. diddy macrumors 6502

:) I just offered these suggestions in another thread.

Pixel Junk Monsters
    Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds

Both very simple, yet very, very deep.

3. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

A buddy of mine said he had no problems whatsoever connecting a mouse and keyboard to his PS3.

4. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Assassin's Creed .... either you love it or you hate it. Certainly different and a great atmosphere.

:apple:Dal

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

don't forget boringly repetitive too!

6. evan g macrumors regular

Super Stardust HD is kinda fun.

Also, PAIN is super fun, and only $10 off of the Playstation Store.

As for hooking up a mouse and keyboard to play games, I tried that, but it only worked on the web browser, PS store, and the XMB.

I was kinda in the same position as you, I was terrified of the controller, but eventually, and I can't say how long "eventually" is, I figured it out, and I can go back and forth between the two.

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Unreal Tournament 3 support mouse/keyboard? But I do love the Pixeljunk series ;). So check out those.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

UT3 is the only FPS that you can use a KB/Mouse combo and mods....its a good game but not much of a community. You will find some great servers up but its still small.

I recommend you try WarHawk, Ratchet N Clank and Uncharted for starters.

oh I just noticed you said not too popular....well try folklore & Everyday shooter

Bless

9. evan g macrumors regular

10. macfan881 macrumors 68020

im currently waiting for Warhawk to get a price drop i hear its great im just waitning for the trophy suport to come and see if they lower the BT bundle

11. macfan881 macrumors 68020