alt+control+delete

Discussion in 'macOS' started by geordiejohn, Mar 28, 2009.

1. geordiejohn macrumors member

alt+control+delete in windows when a freeze happens,i have got a windows keyboard using minimac with leopard 10.5.6
    can anyone tell me what keys to use that corosponds with the windows keys please?
    thank you.

2. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

There really isn't a control-alt-delete key combination on Mac. If an application freezes up/stops responding, you can right click on it's dock icon and click Force Quit, click :apple:>Force Quit and click the Application that isn't responding in the Force Quit window, or the hot key combination is Command (Apple on older keyboard)>Option>Esc.

David

4. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

there is no command key on my keyboard,i cant click on the icon because when it freezes i cannot see the icons,it usually happens when i try to play a downloaded game and i get the message out of range and all i can see is a black screen,so i have to hold the power button to bring the m/c down and then power the m/c up again,then i delete the game.
    thank you.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have a Windows keybord, the Windows key (the one with the MS logo on it) should act as the Command key.

6. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

thank you i did not know that the windows logo was command key