altering the 'control-click' context menu

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kge420, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kge420 macrumors member

kge420

I am looking for a way to alter the options that are presented when I use 'control-click'. I wish to add a folder to the list. Is this possible and if so, how?Thanks, Keith

61 views and no advice! I guess it can't be altered.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What application are you talking about? Right-clicking (aka control-clicking) in the Finder gives you the option of a New Folder.

3. kge420 thread starter macrumors member

kge420

I am addicted to the digital photo of the day on this forum and use the photos as my desktop wallpaper. When I 'control-click' I want to send the photo to my wallpaper folder. I therefore need a way to have that particular folder as an option. Thank you, Keith

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I would just make an "alias" of the wallpaper folder and put on the desktop. Then drag the photo you want off the "Photo of the Day" web page and drop in the folder. I think this would be even faster than all that right clicking.

5. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

It can be done. I read about it on an Apple developer page once. It requires Xcode an a knowledge of the Cocoa programming language.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I mis-read your initial post. I am not sure about doing this with the contexual menu's but you could do this with Quicksilver.

7. nout72 macrumors regular

nout72

This contextual menu plugin will let you choose a folder to which you Copy To, Move To and Make Alias in of a file.

You can browse for a destination folder at the spot or set as many predestined folders as you like.

8. kge420 thread starter macrumors member

kge420