Alternate Mouse Recommendations- Apple BT Mouse dead

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vicki2314, May 16, 2007.

1. vicki2314 macrumors member

Hi all

My bluetooth wireless apple mouse finally died and refuses to connect to my computer. I'd like a replacement that would complement my iMac but is $25 or less as I am on a budget. I'm looking for a USB mouse because I'm tired of replacing batteries every week. So far these are some options I've found and if anyone has had any experiences with these or any other mouse, please let me know! Thanks! *Vicki

Macally ILaser
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826172007

Macally Ecomouse
    http://www.amazon.com/Macally-ECOMOUSE-Optical-Mouse-White/dp/B0007VPGNS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/104-4612757-4122300?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1179347780&sr=8-8

SPEC Research X-gene white mouse
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826272003

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You do know that your mouse is covered under Apple Care if you have it right?

So while you may not WANT it, if you are either under 1yr of owning it, or have AC on your computer - you can get a new one. Then sell it! :D

Just thought i'd mention that.

I can't buy a mouse from pictures, i have to go try them... in fact, that is why i didn't buy one a few weeks ago, they had taken the one i wanted to see off display :(

3. seany916 macrumors 6502

get a mouse with at least 4 buttons. I like 5 button mice.

I hate apple mice.

4. vicki2314 thread starter macrumors member

I do have Apple Care but I didn't know the mouse would be covered because they don't sell it anymore. Would they replace it with a mighty mouse? Should I call Apple or visit an Apple Store?

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

If you have an Apple store nearby, take in your mouse, and your applecare paperwork. They should replace it, I would think. Probably with a Might Mouse, which is a nice 4-button mouse. I love mine, and I only have to change the batteries once every month or two.

6. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Mice are covered by Apple Care? Thats news to me.

Wish I thought about checking replacement under Apple Care when I had a dead poweradapter for my PB.

frak me

7. tango554 macrumors member

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Oh i just went thru this - the Mouse for my eMac died.

They *tried* to order the single button Mouse for me (USB version), but couldn't get it - no date on the backorder, & actually tried to cancel the ticket. It was kinda ugly (because i'd started in the store and tried to continue on the phone - i live an hour away).

The Manager of the Store authorized the replacement with a Mighty after i complained about not having a working mouse for 3 weeks :D

You can call if you want, or go in the store. I might try the store first if it's local to you.

And, I never would have thought it was covered either - but i read a post here that told me otherwise. I'd been "living with it" double clicking for a a few months.... it was getting worse - deleted about 5 emails at a time, so i tried it!

So, get it replaced - then you can shop if you still want to.