alternate software to do "iTunes file sharing"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tsolignani, Feb 7, 2011.

1. tsolignani macrumors newbie

tsolignani

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; it-it) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use everyday iTunes file sharing with my iPhone. I saw you can use even with the iTunes library you are not synced with, just to copy files back and forth. I fonder if there is another software or client I can use to copy files back and forth inside an iPhone's app (in my case, most mp4 movies into Oplayer). I consider iTunes unconfortable for that use and I would uche rather prefer a stand alone application with a ftp client-like interface.

Thank you.

2. err404 macrumors 68020

iPhone Explorer works very well for me. It does not require JB, and gives you access to far more of the iPhone file system then iTunes.
    I'm not not sure if there is a windows version.

3. tsolignani thread starter macrumors newbie

tsolignani

It works! You have to go to the App section, then choose your app and then Documents folder. I wonder if it works even with apps where iTunes file sharing is not enabled...

Thank you.

–
cordialmente,

tiziano solignani, da  Mac

4. err404 macrumors 68020

iPhone Explorer gives you access to the file system for every app. Regardless of whether the app supports iTunes sharing.
    I frequently use it to copy config information between devices for apps that otherwise don't support it.
    For example, I copied my save games for Infinity Blade from my iPad to my iPhone, so I could continue w/o losing progress.
    This is also useful for apps like iDOS. You can use it to add apps to the emulator, even though the new version removed iTunes File Sharing.
    I need to look into scripting/automating these synchronizations...

5. tsolignani thread starter macrumors newbie

tsolignani