Alternate Week View in iCal on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by REB1969, Jan 21, 2012.

1. REB1969 macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2012
    Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this would be useful, it wouldn't be the first time.

I would much prefer to see a week view with days listed on the vertical axis and hours across the horizontal. It strikes me as much more natural as it mimics normal reading. Each day would progress along a single horizontal line. Overlapping events could stack above each other instead of superimposing as they do in the current week view. Scrolling horizontally would move you through the hours of the day while All Day events could display in a fixed box adjacent to the vertical axis. Scrolling vertically would move you forward or backward in the days of the week with seven days being the default view. And it should be a printable view.

Hopefully this makes sense. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Is there a way to add a plug-in for this? I'm not at all familiar with the inner workings of software etc.

Thanks for any perspectives you have.
  2. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Mar 2, 2007

indeed, this would be interesting to have. Have you tried to send a feedback to Apple? They actually read every letter they get, even if they can't possibly answer them all.

I have seen a few of my ideas implemented over the years, so I guess I wasn't the only one to think about it.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

May 22, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    You'd need a really wide screen! ;)

I think that's why it's the way it is. 7 days, 24 hours - scroll right or scroll down

I tried messing with "Scroll in Week View" in preferences, but changing it seems to have no discernible affect.